Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 lly PCM locked

Default 2004 lly PCM locked

I have a 2004 lly and tried to get it tuned by a efi live guy he said it was lock so I then when to gm to have it reflashed to stock and they could not even do it they where getting error code 12 any one have any idea how to get unlock???

Lifetime Member

You need to find the key to unlock the ECM, without the key, your ECM cannot be reflashed. The original tuner may provide it for you, or you need to find someone with an unlocking service, like the one Jesse offers at wait4me performance.

The other option is a new ECM.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It had a edge programer in it before

Does it by chance have an aftermarket radio in it? I just went thriugh this with an 05 LLY where it said it was locked and all kinds of errors. Pulled the radio fuses and got a no response from anything on the bus. Pulled the radio out, unplugged the radio interface adapter, and the read and flash went through without a hickup with all fuses intact. In the past pulling the fuses has worked, but this time I had to physically remove the interface adapter to get the flash to go in. It had a superchips on it, and they had him go through and pull the fuses, and eventually said his tuner was bad and he needed to spend $200 for them to fix it. After pulling the radio adapter it worked just fine again, but he stil lwanted EFILIVE with a DSP5 from me.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Yeah have after market deck I'll have to try and pull that and take it to gm agine to see if it will flash

And what is the radio interface?

It is used to a allow the factory steering wheel controls to work. It seems anything that hooks into the bus wires can and will cause flashing issues in an lly.

Pull out the radio and follow the wires you should find a small box of sorts. Disconnect all the wires going to that box and try flashing again.

Thanks I'll give it a try but It would be lock because a tune us lock in it ?

Lifetime Member

Not lock the tune, but due to rogue databus messages confuse EFILive into thinking the ECM was locked due to timeout, message corruption, etc.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast