Thread: Full flash a different os into correct service number e67 possible?

Default Full flash a different os into correct service number e67 possible?

Gm pulled the plug on bench top programming! No more tis2 web bench top programming!

So how can I flash a 2010 Colorado v8 file into 2010, impala used PCM e67, proper service number!

Can efi live do this? I bet it will say incorrect. Boot loader and not even let me do it! What's my options here?

We need lobby the crooks at gm! To give us our services back!

Or maybe efi could allow full flash oem style flash?

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    We need lobby the crooks at gm! To give us our services back!
    I 100% agree, the service is being crippled and this is a major PITA, and for what reason they did this I have no idea. You know GM sell bench programming harnesses too

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    Or maybe efi could allow full flash oem style flash?
    The problem with this ECM (and many others) is there is a secondary CPU in the ECM that cannot be read out, but must be flashed if you are changing engine types. For example if you were going from a 3.7L 5cyl to a 6.2L LSA that CPU needs updating too. The only people that have the files for that CPU are GM, that is why TIS is necessary when doing what you need to do.
    Sorry I know it is a pain but there isn't much the aftermarket can do about it, the process was acceptable when you could use TIS on the bench.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I came across this thread while looking for the answer to my question. I have E67 ECM form a 2009 Malibu Hybrid (SERV 12607096), I looking for posts that would indicate whether or not I would have any issues because it came from a Hybrid car, now the issue for me appears that I wont be able to flash this ECM to run a V8? Have there been any updates with TIS that will allow us to do this again? Thanks.

TIS remains crippled.
    I am 99% sure your Hybrid style E67 is not compatible with the normal E67, they are internally different and cannot be interchanged. You would be better off buying another 'normal' E67 from a similar year model to what you need, they are pretty cheap used.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Could I even attempt to flash a 4 cylinder non-hybrid tune onto it? I assume that there is hybrid data in the "secondary CPU" that will make it pointless?

Would interested in the file that I read from that ECM? It opens as "unrecognized PCM".