Thread: Autocal AL5 CONTROLER full flash not supported and other issues

Default Autocal AL5 CONTROLER full flash not supported and other issues

I am trying to flash a 2003 AL5 OS into a 2004.5 AL5 TCM.

I have an autocal from ATP with all updated FIRMWARE and SOFTWARE.

I have sent a stock tune file from KILLERBEE to Rob Coddens for remote flash setup with his V2

I have used both version 7.5 and 8 in an attempt to pass through flash.

I have spent an hour on the phone with ATP TECH SUPPORT(thanks guys sorry for all the trouble)

I have checked AL5 box in BBX

I get error $0502

when in pass through i try to full flash get al5 controler not supported with a red x on the image.

need help with this thank you.

Lifetime Member

First off V7 software cannot be used with AutoCal. AutoCal customers can only use V8 software, and almost always only ever BBX to facilitate reading and flashing.

$0502 error message suggests that the required *.obj files are not located on the device. After you selected AL5 in the BBX box, did you PROGRAM that selection into your AutoCal?

There are a couple of ways to resolve this.
    1. Have ATP send you the tune file within a Quick Setup. The Quick Setup has the ability to program all of the required configuration files for AutoCal at the same time as copying the tune to your device.
    2. Select AL5 from the F5: BBX - F3: Tune menu by selecting the + button on the RHS of the screen, then right clicking on the Trans-controller and selecting AL5. Once selected, and all 3 columns of data are populated select the drop down arrow on the Program button and select Program Selections & Configurations Files (slower) to reprogram your AutoCal.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    First off V7 software cannot be used with AutoCal. AutoCal customers can only use V8 software, and almost always only ever BBX to facilitate reading and flashing.

$0502 error message suggests that the required *.obj files are not located on the device. After you selected AL5 in the BBX box, did you PROGRAM that selection into your AutoCal?

There are a couple of ways to resolve this.
    1. Have ATP send you the tune file within a Quick Setup. The Quick Setup has the ability to program all of the required configuration files for AutoCal at the same time as copying the tune to your device.
    2. Select AL5 from the F5: BBX - F3: Tune menu by selecting the + button on the RHS of the screen, then right clicking on the Trans-controller and selecting AL5. Once selected, and all 3 columns of data are populated select the drop down arrow on the Program button and select Program Selections & Configurations Files (slower) to reprogram your AutoCal.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Thank you for your help, I followed your instructions and continue to get the error $0502.

I fowarded your response to Rob and he sent me this attachment. Is this Quick start helpful?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I followed your instructions and I still get the same ERROR $0502

I have attached the ctz. file ive been trying to flash.

I have also attached the latest attachment from Rob (QUICKSTART). I recieved it after i forwarded him your response. I'm not sure what to do with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Update:
    Talked to gm dealer about flashing tcm with old os with VIN from older truck. Talked directly with tech. Tech had never attempted to flash older with different VIN and said he would like to try so wouldn't charge me. Took him 20 min and it worked perfectly..

Thanks.

I brought it to GM dealership.I spoke directly with tech and gave him the VIN from a 2003. We flashed it no problem. Problem solved.