Thread: Pilot timing tables don't change in DSP files

Default Pilot timing tables don't change in DSP files

I have come across an issue that just recently became a problem for me. I have found that on LB7's with DSP OS's, the pilot injection timing follows the base table, and not the DSP table when I am in a DSP position. I have known about this for awhile now, but it wasn't really an issue for me until recently. I know it is not just my V2 as it has happened now on 3 different trucks I have verified it on, all flashed with different V2's, and the tunes have been written on 2 different PC's with 3 different versions of the software. I can put whatever in I want for the DSP tables, but it will still onky use the base tunes table. I have put in all 0's, and it still will not change. Make a change to the base file though, and it changes, but still will only use the base file.

It has become an issue for me because my tow tune uses a mostly stock pilot timing table for noise control, but I use a modified table for my big tune to help keep smoke under control spooling up. I'm not to fond of the extra rattle in my tow tune, so I have had to build a compromise pilot table to work OK with each instead of the table that works best for each ones purpose. I have even tried changing the temp settings and such to force it into only using the D table(the one we have in the DSP files), and still no change.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Anybody? I also tried this on an LLY, and found it also did not follow the DSP pilot timing table, but used the base table instead. So this is 4 trucks, 4 different OS's, 3 DSP5's and one DSP2, and 3 LB7's and one LLY that are all not following the DSP pilot timing tables.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

First time anyone has mentioned it since DSP came out, so I don't know.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I only run one Pilot Table for all my tunes, so I have never logged it to see, I just know when I shut it off it goes off.

I don't own my LB7 anymore so I can't even verify if it works as intended or not.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I know most people don't mess with it, and for the longest time I didn't either. But I have found I can retard the pilot timing and light the turbo off quicker with less smoke on my big tune. When I drop it back to my tow tune it rattles more than I would like with the pilot timing turned back. I tried it on a LLY where I set it to 0 around 40MM3 of fuel, and no change at all whatsoever. I even set my DSP2 in my 02 OS to ) across the board in the DSP side, and it used the base pilot timing table regardless. If it was just 1 truck I could see it, but so far every DELPHI controller I have tried it on wether it is DSP2 or 5 has stayed on the base file regardless.

Ok, it has been so long since I looked at DSP code I couldn't even remember what was in there. Am I missing something here, the pilot timing tables aren't switchable on the LB7 I looked at.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Tables A1108, A2208, A3108, and A4108 for DSP5, A0108 for the DSP2 tune files. No matter what I put in these tables, the ECM stays with B0929. I have even dropped teh temp tables down so that it could only use the D table, and still n ochange no matter what I put in the DSP side. I have not tried an 01 early style yet as I upgrade them all to 02 OS's.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Tables A1108, A2208, A3108, and A4108 for DSP5, A0108 for the DSP2 tune files.
    Told you it had been a while for me

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    No matter what I put in these tables, the ECM stays with B0929. I have even dropped teh temp tables down so that it could only use the D table, and still n ochange no matter what I put in the DSP side. I have not tried an 01 early style yet as I upgrade them all to 02 OS's.
    I don't know what to say, would be nice if someone else can do some testing to confirm what you see. Hard to imagine nobody else has noticed this in the last 6 years or during development testing.