Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Update: Jan 2015

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    Now if only we access to the DTC tables. :(
    We made it clear in our December announcement that they would not be available in our first release, so it's hardly a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan1198 View Post
    And a place we could download all the files all at once in one shot
    Really? You can't read the ECM - this was documented with our first announcement in December. Further Troll Performance posted links all across the internet weeks ago about how to acquire stock files. If the restriction exists on how many you can download at once, you had the ability to manage that issue weeks ago so it wasn't an issue on the day of the software release. Given your issue, I'm sure you don't want to see other people in the same boat, so once you've finished downloading them perhaps you could consolidate them and share them so others don't need to suffer the same fate

Cheers
    Cindy

I wasn't near my truck when I posted that. I've since read it, and will figure it all out in time. I wasn't trying to phrase it as a complaint. Just musing on convenience. Consolidating the files is a good idea
    Jaeger-12 ram 3500, CCLB, 68rfe, 2" lift, 5" tbe, s480, traction bars
    The Roo Hunter- 93 w250, g360, np205, 4" lift, custom 3/8" bumper,

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DMan1198 View Post
    I wasn't near my truck when I posted that. I've since read it, and will figure it all out in time. I wasn't trying to phrase it as a complaint. Just musing on convenience. Consolidating the files is a good idea
    My sarcastic comments was poorly worded! No harm intended.

Cheers
    Cindy

We had those update in our public environment all day. Not 1 issue. All smooth so far. Great work EFI.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

With the new Update i can't read a CME ECM, but i can flash it? Am i understanding that right?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAXX IT OUT View Post
    With the new Update i can't read a CME ECM, but i can flash it? Am i understanding that right?
    That is correct. Refer to the Cummins 2010-2015 Quick start guide included in your V8 software installation for further details. The document is also available on our website.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

As per the 2010-2015 quick start guide (have you read that?)

http://content.efilive.com/documents...ck%20Start.pdf

Page 4:
    Due to the CM2200A and CM2350B ECM's restrictive architecture, Cummins 2010-2015 support does not adhere to the typical "EFILive process" for tuning supported vehicles. EFILive generally requires customers to first read and save their ECM's tune, then edit the calibrations before finally flashing the modified tune back into the vehicle. However it is not possible to read these ECM’s via the OBD-II Port, (the ECM can only be read by opening the ECM and soldering to the CPU debug port using expensive 3rd party tools).

Edit: look like Cindy beat me to it...
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    As per the 2010-2015 quick start guide (have you read that?)

http://content.efilive.com/documents...ck%20Start.pdf

Page 4:
    Due to the CM2200A and CM2350B ECM's restrictive architecture, Cummins 2010-2015 support does not adhere to the typical "EFILive process" for tuning supported vehicles. EFILive generally requires customers to first read and save their ECM's tune, then edit the calibrations before finally flashing the modified tune back into the vehicle. However it is not possible to read these ECM’s via the OBD-II Port, (the ECM can only be read by opening the ECM and soldering to the CPU debug port using expensive 3rd party tools).

Edit: look like Cindy beat me to it...
    I read it but not in-depth enough, i guess. So you have to find another factory file if you want to go back to an factory calibration.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAXX IT OUT View Post
    I read it but not in-depth enough, i guess. So you have to find another factory file if you want to go back to an factory calibration.
    You need to find a factory file to generate the 'base' to start tuning from too.

Cheers
    Cindy

GM Gas E80 engine controller read/flash support (*Note: Parameter mapping not available).

Is there a way to modify this reading? Or is it encrypted?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast