Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whipple supercharged 8.1

California. And the whipple ecm has several diff methods of tuning has two extra injectors to add fuel under boost well over 200gps maf reading and then monitors 02signals and serial connection yes I got it working the v2 reads same afr as wideband gauge itself. Some whipple kits required ecm tuning some did not. The engine also NEVER goes into open loop. Engine has very serious pre ignition issues causing engine damage. This is the third engine in a year truck pings big time under even 1psi boost.

I just unplug the whipple causing it to not create boost and used the tech2 and reprogrammed ecm to factory gm sps tuning and gonna drive it later and see if it has issues with a known stock tune

Lifetime Member

You should weld a real WBO2 bung in and replace the front B2S1 O2 pre-cat (assuming that since you're in CA you have cats). Might be causing issues with PE too, not sure.

I stand by my previous advice of buying a 2Bar MAP and running COS3 to tune it properly, without any Whipple boxes/injectors. You will probably need to buy larger injectors if you dont have them already.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

+1 2-bar MAP sensor and COS3, without Whipple box/injectors (need larger injectors as Erik said).

With a COS we should be able to tune VE and MAF for whole MAP range (NA and boost).

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    You should weld a real WBO2 bung in and replace the front B2S1 O2 pre-cat (assuming that since you're in CA you have cats). Might be causing issues with PE too, not sure.

I stand by my previous advice of buying a 2Bar MAP and running COS3 to tune it properly, without any Whipple boxes/injectors. You will probably need to buy larger injectors if you dont have them already.
    Yes cats. And I've got the map sensor but idk if the smog machine will catch the os number change with the custom os. I've made a custom os and messed with the calcvet table so far but never applied the changes from new map

If the Whipple has a CARB EO #, if they say anything about the PCM OS # change, tell them that's what came with the Whipple.

For prior to 2005, I don't know that they know the correct OS/CVN id numbers...

Do you know anyone who recently got failed in CA for OS and/or CVN change for a pre-2005 vehicle...?

I'm not sure myself what they do. But I agree I would say that it's custom calibration for the carb eo number

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12