Thread: 12644094 os

Default 12644094 os

just looking for anyone willing to share a delete strategy for 12644094 os on a 12 lml

Why are you using a 4094 on the 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Why are you using a 4094 on the 12?
    Just realized reason I asked for that OS combo, which I've already used with no apparent issues, is because that's what I was sent when I orded a stock file from a very reliable source. The OS I was having issues with is 12649244, which I don't know the combo to, which is the correct file for this truck according to TIS. As I previously stated I was sent that OS for this vin from the one guy who's done more than anyone, perhaps I should take that as a hint?

Hmmmm, that OS is definitly not correct for a 2012........I have all of the 2011-2015 OS's and use the correct one according to TIS for each one I tune
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I know there is one big company (who im sure he purchased this stock tune from) that uses the 4094 exclusively on 2011-2014 dmax's. I believe doing this makes it easier to preload the autocals instead of building each file from TIS like many of us would normally do.

Lifetime Member

lol

Thanks for filling me in, I am just beginning to figure all this out, but as I previously stated seems to work fine this far. I'll just continue to develop the other OS's as time permits

Quote Originally Posted by dtdiesel View Post
    Thanks for filling me in, I am just beginning to figure all this out, but as I previously stated seems to work fine this far. I'll just continue to develop the other OS's as time permits
    If the 4094 file came from PPEI then you will have no issues. It is he most consistent file and your scripts will work the same over and over.

I have 84+ variations of the 4094. The structure internally is different and lines up perfect with what your truck expects. It's not like we would send you the wrong OS for your truck, we have quite the grasp on how this works... Lol!

We can also send you the bone stock file like you would get from tis2web, but the 4094 is hands down the best for tuning.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Thanks, I was truly trying to not accuse anyone of anything. As to be honest I know just enough to get me in trouble, just trying to learn and from the info available I was concerned I may have an issue that would come after I released the truck. I appreciate your input and thank you for the service you provide. Only issue I've yet run into with the few 4094 files I've used is complications with Filter/oil life reset procedures. For one reason or another after the file was installed I was unable to clear fuel filter life with a tech 2, the trip button eventually got the job accomplished but now both life percentages have disappeared, very minor problem if even considered one but if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate them.

Quote Originally Posted by dtdiesel View Post
    Thanks, I was truly trying to not accuse anyone of anything. As to be honest I know just enough to get me in trouble, just trying to learn and from the info available I was concerned I may have an issue that would come after I released the truck. I appreciate your input and thank you for the service you provide. Only issue I've yet run into with the few 4094 files I've used is complications with Filter/oil life reset procedures. For one reason or another after the file was installed I was unable to clear fuel filter life with a tech 2, the trip button eventually got the job accomplished but now both life percentages have disappeared, very minor problem if even considered one but if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate them.
    Just remember, that stock file was specific for that vin. Even though I use all 4094 OS for 11-14, there are around 84 variations of it. I haven't had the issue your describing, is this on the same one that the tune was matched to vin?
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/