Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with Feb 09, 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with Feb 09, 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Feb 09, 2015 release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

• Software: V7.5.7.277
    • Software: V8.2.2.271
    • FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.78

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    Files that are to be copied to FlashScan or AutoCal may not contain commas in their names.
    Workaround:
    Remove all commas from filenames prior to attempting to copy them to FlashScan or AutoCal. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 3:
    Images are too large on the folder buttons in the [F8: Tools]->[F2: Search]->[Browse] tab page. That also causes the text on some buttons to wrap incorrectly.
    Workaround:
    None - it is a visual problem only and does not affect the operation of the software. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 4:
    Saving Cummins CMD/CME tune files using the V7 software removes the VIN from the file and reverts it to "N/A".
    Workaround:
    After saving the file using V7, open the file in V8 and change the VIN back to its correct value on the [F3 Tune]->[F4: Properties]->[Controller Information] tab page. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 5:
    Logging scan tool data using V7 pass-thru when the PID selection includes calculated PIDs will cause log file data corruption.
    Workaround:
    Exit from all EFILive software.
    Download the attached obdiiV7.zip file and unzip it into the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5 (overwrite the existing obdiiV7.dll file).
    You will need administrator privileges to overwrite the obdiiV7.dll file in that folder.
    Will be fixed in the next update.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; February 13th, 2015 at 10:27 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

E92 labels which mentioned in last two updates still not fixed
    it still show 0.02 as maximum value it should be 2
    E92 os 12660065
    b0169
    b0170
    EFILive Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    e92 os 12663390
    b0169
    b0170
    E92 labels which mentioned in last two updates still not fixed
    it still show 0.02 as maximum value it should be 2
    E92 os 12660065
    b0169
    b0170
    Wesam, they are fixed for that OS you first mentioned and 12664769 which I think you contacted Paul about directly, this is a different OS's, its a shame that 0065 OS was missed before this update
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

In Jan update i asked to fix the probelm generaly
    but when you asked me in Feb update about the OS number
    I wrote12663390 as example but this problem in all E92 OSs
    EFILive Tuner

I wrote12663390 as example but this problem in all E92 OSs
    Ok, was not aware of that, I'll have them all checked.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have two problem with Scan tool
    First that after logging and select an area of the logged file in dashboard B it should give Max,Min and Average for each pid
    the values always return wrong data
    so as an example :
    If the car is going from 100 to 140 kph and i select this area it will show the average as 60 kph which is wrong

Second problem
    that when i save any log which was opened and have good data and close the scan tool then reopen the log again
    it will show almost all PIDs returned values as -40 or max negative values
    I tried to open this log file on other computer but it will show the same problem
    also this problem happened just in log files saved with 9 Feb update
    Attached a Log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    EFILive Tuner

Lifetime Member

Recorded PIDS are not all showing up when playing back in either scanner.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

It is a bug in the V7 scan tool (maybe in BBL as well, I haven't checked yet).
    I think if you log without any calc PIDs in the list of selected PIDs it should come out OK - but I have not tested that yet.

Meanwhile, because its such a critical bug I'll try and get a fix out asap, hopefully within a few hours.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Thanks Paul! I have 2 rigs to tune tomorrow and it would be awesome to keep the logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    It is a bug in the V7 scan tool (maybe in BBL as well, I haven't checked yet).
    I think if you log without any calc PIDs in the list of selected PIDs it should come out OK - but I have not tested that yet.

Meanwhile, because its such a critical bug I'll try and get a fix out asap, hopefully within a few hours.

Regards
    Paul
    I will be glade for you Paul
    yesterday I was in my way to blow an engine which has 21 PSI because a problem with a BEN factor which gave me wrong readings because of this issue

Thanks in advance
    Wesam
    EFILive Tuner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast