Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with Feb 14, 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with Feb 14, 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Feb 14, 2015 release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

• Software: V7.5.7.278
    • Software: V8.2.2.272
    • FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.79

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    Attempting to use V7.7 pass-thru logging with CMD/CME controllers results in the error:
    Code:
    Error code: ERR_CONFIG/92
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\cummins_enhanced.prn(919): Slot UNM-08-5002 with units Amps not found.
    Workaround:
    Download the attached cummins_enahnced.zip file and unzip it into the folder \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration. Overwrite the existing cummins_enhanced.prn file. You will need Windows Administrator privilege to overwrite that file.
    Issue 3:
    Attempting to load some cummins CSP5 tune files may result in the error:
    Code:
    EFILive cannot determine some OS specific data. Most likely because the data is from a controller that has not yet been added to the EFILive software.
    Or when starting the SCan Tool, the error:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\cummins_enhanced.prn(968): Units may not be specified for slot: SED-08-5010.
    Workaround:
    Download the attached cummins_enahnced.zip file and unzip it into the folder \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration. Overwrite the existing cummins_enhanced.prn file. You will need Windows Administrator privilege to overwrite that file.
    Issue 4:
    Date-time sorting does not correctly handle US or Euro date formats for date-time values between 12:00:00 a.m and 12:59:59 a.m. For sorting purposes those date-times are incorrectly treated as p.m. which means they are sorted after 11:59:59 p.m. This problem is a display issue and only affects the order in which scan/tune files are displayed in lists, such as on the main EFILive V8 window.
    Workaround:
    If you need the dates to be sorted correctly, set the "Display Formats" for "Dates:" to "Default" in the Edit->Property->General->Locale settings. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 5:
    Can't read Cummins CMB (06-07) controllers. Returns error $0322.
    Workaround:
    Download the attached "CMB_Update_For_0322_Error.zip" file and unzip the contents into the folder \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config. Overwrite the existing two CMB_R.obj and CMB_F.obj files. You will need Windows Administrator privilege to overwrite those files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; March 3rd, 2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Pretty sure this is a bug I have I have the stock file as read only. I have made different modification to the files saving notes for each modification in the user notes section of the table being modified. Files are saved as tune_0000, tune_0001, tune_0002 and so on.

The problem that I have found is that user notes stored in the modified files show in the previous file saves. If I save a user not in tune_0003, the user notes also show up in the original tune of tune_0000.

Has any one else encountered this problem.

Regards,

Frank
    2007 LBZ 2011 LML Silverado Pickups
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 Dually Diesel Pickup
    2007 Dodge 6.7 Pickup

Hi Frank,

The user notes for each table are not stored in the tune files. Instead the user notes for each table are stored in files named after their calibration in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configurations\Notes and displayed for all tune files.

That also means that if the same calibration name is used on different controller types for different calibrations you may end up with strange descriptions appearing in other controller's calibrations with the same names.
    For example if controller had a calibration names X1234 that defined some type of spark adjustment table and you created user notes for that table th euser notes would be stored in a file called X1234.txt.
    If another type of controller had the same calibration name X1234 but it defined a fuel delivery table, then it would also show the user notes that you created for the first spark adjustment table - which could be quite confusing if you were not aware or forgot about that issue. So it is a wise idea to include a description of the controller type in any user notes that you create.

If you want to make notes on a per-file basis then you should use the [Comments] tab page on the initial calibrations window that is displayed when you first open a tune file. You can display the calibrations page at any time by selecting: View->Show calibration window (Ctrl+F2).

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L View Post
    Pretty sure this is a bug I have I have the stock file as read only. I have made different modification to the files saving notes for each modification in the user notes section of the table being modified. Files are saved as tune_0000, tune_0001, tune_0002 and so on.

The problem that I have found is that user notes stored in the modified files show in the previous file saves. If I save a user not in tune_0003, the user notes also show up in the original tune of tune_0000.

Has any one else encountered this problem.

Regards,

Frank

Thank You for the quick reply, I forgot about this
    2007 LBZ 2011 LML Silverado Pickups
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 Dually Diesel Pickup
    2007 Dodge 6.7 Pickup

So the [Comments] and [History] tab texts are specific to the filename (e.g. xxxx_0004.ctz)...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    So the [Comments] and [History] tab texts are specific to the filename (e.g. xxxx_0004.ctz)...?
    Yes.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Yes.

Regards
    Paul
    My comments are erased when I save a tune and enable security restrictions.
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    My comments are erased when I save a tune and enable security restrictions.
    When you select "cannot be viewed" as one of the restrictions, then yes, comments and modification history are erased. That is by design. It is to prevent the recipient of the file from using your comments and modification history to figure out what modifications you have made to a file. The reason for that is the comments and mod history are stored in plain text in the *.ctz file, so the only way to protect them is to remove them. They are stored in plain text so that tune files can be easily and quickly searched for comments that you may have placed in them.

When saving files with security settings, specifically "cannot be viewed", you should really save a new copy of the file to preserve the original file.

And all that info I just explained should also be shown to the user when using the security settings, I'll look at adding that help text when users select to save a file with security settings active.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Further to Paul's comments, users have the option to save a tune file without security settings, then apply security settings via the Quick Setup. The changes are only made to the copy of the tune in the quick setup, not the original tune file.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; February 19th, 2015 at 01:25 PM.

Has anyone tried to EDA log a CMC controller? I was not able to select the eda pid in V7.5. Possibly related to that cummins_enancement issue? I did update it with the zip file in this email but it would just refuse to select the eda PID.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast