Thread: O2 heater control

Lifetime Member

Default O2 heater control

With all the wiring we do, it sure would be nice to control the style of O2 heater in the LS1B ecm. Just wondering if this is something do able via CAX? I would assume since the .xdf I have for tunerpro shows the address on a 12202088 OS. I know time is money and I'm not asking for hand outs...........

Quote Originally Posted by Team208Motorsports View Post
    With all the wiring we do, it sure would be nice to control the style of O2 heater in the LS1B ecm. Just wondering if this is something do able via CAX? I would assume since the .xdf I have for tunerpro shows the address on a 12202088 OS. I know time is money and I'm not asking for hand outs...........
    If you have the definition in tunerpro already, writing a cax file for it will be fairly simple. (assuming the definition is correct obviously)
    However, by my memory map there are quite a few settings that may need to be adjusted to get them operating correctly. You would need to get a bin file of an OS with both types & do a compare to see if there are any other differences. If there is then you would need to write a cax for the entire o2 segment.
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

Is there any type of starter file for a cax? Not a full tutorial, just something to give an idea of whats what beyond comparing various ones. I have been poking around with building one based on the hex address I have and I have not been having much luck.

There isn't a tutorial of any kind, apart from the descriptions contained in the cax file itself.
    I basically taught myself how by reverse engineering other cax files that had been written. The hardest part IMO is getting the scaler right. Luckily GM are fairly consistent in how certain units are scaled. So if you know the scaler for rpm was x, you can be fairly certain any other cax file for rpm will use the same scaler of x.
    Since you have a definition file in tunerpro, you will be able to read the scaler values from that.
    If you still have problems, post the cax file on here and we can take a look at it.
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

I'll give it another shot and post it up. What I am really having trouble with is locating the cax in the correct category of efi live.

Look at the B9021 cax as an example.
    Last edited by joecar; February 19th, 2015 at 03:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Lifetime Member

Will do.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Look at the B9021 cax as ana example.
    Awesome, thats exactly what I needed!!!! Thanks