Thread: Dpf delete

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dpf delete

Hey guys I just bought efi live, now I'm finding out that the epa got on efi live and now they don't offer it anymore, that sucks because was hoping to be able to do more dpf deletes at the shop instead of people paying $1600 for an h&s. Some guy told me that people that have old versions can send you a file that has the delete on it?

If you live in the USA the DPF removal is not available.

If you live anywhere else and its legal to remove ( Outside the USA ) then you can access the tables.

Sucks, but that is the way it is
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Some that can do it legally couldn't send me a file? There's guys that will let me buy a dpf delete tune so why couldn't someone sell me one. I just don't want to buy a locked one that I can't modify after spending the money for this program to begin with.
    own a diesel shop in fl
    No Limit Diesel Performance
    Sarasota fl
    2004 lb7 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by dirtymax0526 View Post
    Some that can do it legally couldn't send me a file? There's guys that will let me buy a dpf delete tune so why couldn't someone sell me one. I just don't want to buy a locked one that I can't modify after spending the money for this program to begin with.
    From what I have gathered, the problem with buying a deleted tune and then modifying it yourself is MANY tables in the ECM do not do just what they say they do. There are many tables that do 2 or 3 other things than just what they are marked as doing. So if you get a tune that works for just a delete, that same tune may not work once modified. It's one of those deals where the newer ECM references so many tables, it is tough to find a combo that works once you modify the tune in any way. Many already know you can go north of our border and buy a delete tune from a company up there since they are outside the US, but as far as modfying your own tune, you have to do it outside the US to do so.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Lifetime Member

Hey guys I just bought efi live, now I'm finding out that the epa got on efi live and now they don't offer it anymore, that sucks because was hoping to be able to do more dpf deletes at the shop instead of people paying $1600 for an h&s. Some guy told me that people that have old versions can send you a file that has the delete on it?
    EFILive never offered LML delete parameters in the USA - it was never there, so it was never removed.

EFILive is tuning software, it is not a tune, it is a tool. As a user of the tool, you need to ensure that the outcome (ie your tune) complies with local laws. EFILive's choice not to provide delete parameters to USA based customers was a small attempt to help YOU comply with YOUR laws so that the EPA doesn't visit YOU.

The software itself is/was never the issue, it's a feature that is designed to protect you from yourself.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    EFILive never offered LML delete parameters in the USA - it was never there, so it was never removed.

EFILive is tuning software, it is not a tune, it is a tool. As a user of the tool, you need to ensure that the outcome (ie your tune) complies with local laws. EFILive's choice not to provide delete parameters to USA based customers was a small attempt to help YOU comply with YOUR laws so that the EPA doesn't visit YOU.

The software itself is/was never the issue, it's a feature that is designed to protect you from yourself.

Cheers
    Cindy
    This is great! Couldn't say it any better.

I need to erase dpf on a 2012 6.6 duramax shuttle bus can you help me, i got Efi live

Enviado desde mi Moto Z (2) mediante Tapatalk