Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECM Clone GM E92

Default ECM Clone GM E92

Hello Mark here, what I would Like to do is this: make a Clone of my existing E92 ECM using a spare ECM. I have tried to Replace and Reprogram a used ECM with SPS with a MDI and the VIN from the Used ECM will not change.
    Can I use EFILive to clear the VIN of the doner ECM and then use SPS to Replace and Reprogram my stock calibrations? I think I can make a clone if I buy a New ECM, not sure if I can do this with a used ECM .

2015 GMC Yukon XL L83
    E92 ECM serv# 12656993

If the PCM already contains a calibration in flash memory, then try using the EFILive V7 scantool to edit the VIN... in V7 scantool go Bidirectional->Change VIN.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If the PCM already contains a calibration in flash memory, then try using the EFILive V7 scantool to edit the VIN... in V7 scantool go Bidirectional->Change VIN.
    OK in the doner ECM the calibration in flash is for that particular vehicle is not mine, my goal is to put my stock calibrations into the doner then I can tune from there. Basically I just want to start out tuning a doner that is i---dentical to my factory original. any problems , I put my factory ECM back in and we are back in business. just a little security-peace of mind that I would want. the vehicle cost me 62,000 so spending a little extra to make sure i dont fuc.. it up and have a back up plan is what I need.

I flash a lot of ECM's with TIS, if you choose replace/reprogram and use the correct VIN# for your vehicle TIS writes the correct Vin# as part of the reprogram
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Ill try with the doner installed in the vehicle then replace/reprogram with SPS and see how it goes. I was getting errors trying to replace/reprogram with an E92 offboard programming cable. So I should be able reprogram a used doner ECM with my correct vin?

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I flash a lot of ECM's with TIS, if you choose replace/reprogram and use the correct VIN# for your vehicle TIS writes the correct Vin# as part of the reprogram
    Tony I think it is a little more difficult to replace/clone an ECM on the 2015+ K2xx trucks/SUVs due to the much more advanced immobilizer.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Tony I think it is a little more difficult to replace/clone an ECM on the 2015+ K2xx trucks/SUVs due to the much more advanced immobilizer.
    I wish that was the problem with bench flashing using SPS ... but it is not.

The E92 used to bench flash just fine with SPS. As of January 2015 you cannot bench flash any 2010+ calibration in an E38 / E67 / E92 / T43 using SPS ... you will get a pop-up window indicating that "off-board programming has been detected", and the flash process will terminate without writing the calibration.

There are specific module set-up procedures in TIS for setting them up from VATS relearn to copying the injector flow rates etc, I set my spare LML ECM using TIS and did a 10 minute hard relearn.

I know when I goto the options screen I can set up any new ecm the same as the dealer, so I know it can be done.

TAZ, you are correct about TIS, no more bench flashing certain modules out of a vehicle, GM Sucks for changing that, but its their service so they can do what they want.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I wish that was the problem with bench flashing using SPS ... but it is not.

The E92 used to bench flash just fine with SPS. As of January 2015 you cannot bench flash any 2010+ calibration in an E38 / E67 / E92 / T43 using SPS ... you will get a pop-up window indicating that "off-board programming has been detected", and the flash process will terminate without writing the calibration.
    Yep, this PAID service is broken now......GM
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I was not getting a popup error when trying to bench program , just an unspecified error. I will try to replace/reprogram with the doner ECM in the vehicle next, I have not been able to find much info on the internet concerning this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast