Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok I'm Lost

Default Ok I'm Lost

I have a scan file of a someone here with a 402 that was mail ordered tuned by Ed wright. I have EFI and LS1 edit but still don't have a clue. All I use it for is speedo adjustments and little things . His car is running like crap will someone look at it and see how bad it looks. He is planning on running at the track Sunday and my gut says he shouldn't. What he has is a 2000 F body 402, Fast 90, 90 setup 238/242 608/612 114 I think. I also have his tune downloaded. Not looking for a tune but maybe help understanding what I'm looking at. Let me know and I will email the info unless someone can point me to a free host site

Thanks

Attach the scan file and you'll get more responses

Quote Originally Posted by TLKSCHP
    someone can point me to a free host site
    Do SHIFT-PrintScreen while the log chart is on your screen,
    paste into IrfanView (get freeware from www.irfanview.com) and save as a .png file (compression 4 is quite good);

then goto http://imageshack.us and upload the .png file, and copy the last link displayed on the page;

then in this thread, use the yellow/grey mountian picture button and paste in the link and post the reply.

I guess I don't understand what screen you want. this one

I think I agree you should not run it. Seems you have a lot of work ahead and poor prospects without a better understanding a wideband.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Its adding a decent bit of fuel from trims.

I think you need to start with the basics. Might be best to get some help to get in a stable baseline. If you want to go further get yourself a WB and start reading. There are lots of tutorials about.

Basically once you have your idle stable. You need to disable the maf and go into open loop (many never re-enable the maf). Once in open loop with modifiers like dfco and COT disabled you can start to "see" whats wrong and fix it.

If you have it hooked up and logging you have already come a good way. Id do lots of reading and you will get there in the end. It doesnt look too bad, there is no KR which is good.

Does it run ok in midrange and wot? If its just idle thats crusty, then it might not be all that bad.

Injector duty cycle looks very low, is the injector flow matched to the injectors?
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I have a wideband I could use but he doesn't have a spare bung and doesn't want to add one. He brought it over originally just so I could check and see if it was locked and it wasn't. After hearing the car I said it didn't sound right and asked to scan it. WOT it's in knock the whole time. To be honest I think I could spank it with my stock LS1 if it wasn't broke LOL. Flexplate exploded at 6200 RPM but thats another story. But my car broke just as I was starting to learn this stuff. Just got the wideband on and was ready to try the auto tune when it broke. I told him I would post and see if it looked real bad. when looking at the fuel trims should they stay steady and around what percent is ideal?

Here it is at the WOT

Fuel trims should stay steady on 0%.

Looks like at WOT it's too lean; when it goes WOT the trims go to zero because they were positive (adding fuel) before WOT.

Does he have different injectors...?

Needs tuning: IFR, VE, PE and possibly MAF tables (or toss the MAF).

he is running 42lbs injectors. I called him today to talk about it and he doesn't seem concerned. At least I can learn from it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast