Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Vats

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default Vats

    HI
    I try to disable in LML 2012 and it's not work.
    I need stand alone ECM
    Is someone succeed?
    Thanks
    shay

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shay View Post
    HI
    I try to disable in LML 2012 and it's not work.
    I need stand alone ECM
    Is someone succeed?
    Thanks
    shay
    ????

  3. #3
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,718

    Default

    Sorry shay, we have no feedback on that working or not.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  4. #4
    Lifetime Member DURAtotheMAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Just out of curiosity... how is the starter relay control circuit wired? What vehicle is the engine in?

    Ive done two standalone LML harnesses so far, one of them seemed to work fine (I never heard back from the customer so I assume it worked fine), and the other one couldnt get the engine to fire. Spent hours on the phone diagnosing it, and the ECM refused to enable the injectors. Had good cam, crank, rail pressure signal...it just wouldnt fire the injectors.

    Im almost wondering if the LML ECM shares some of the E38 VATS gremlins? Where it needs to see a relay coil load on the starter relay control circuit (even though the VATS is already turned off) before it will enable starting???
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

    many thanks to Ross and Paul

  5. #5
    Forum tyhee Site Admin GMPX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,718

    Default

    I was thinking that myself about the starter relay as that was a 'feature' GM crept in around 2010 and up
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.


  6. #6
    Lifetime Member DURAtotheMAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I was thinking that myself about the starter relay as that was a 'feature' GM crept in around 2010 and up
    grrrr where is an LML when I need one to test something on!

    Whats the point? A safety override to prevent starting unless the ECM specifically receives a GMLAN "crank request" message, and knows it has control over the starter [relay]???
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

    many thanks to Ross and Paul

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    grrrr where is an LML when I need one to test something on!

    Whats the point? A safety override to prevent starting unless the ECM specifically receives a GMLAN "crank request" message, and knows it has control over the starter [relay]???
    I disconnect only the vats module to try, it's not start.
    The engine not crank , I try to jamper the relay and it's not start to.
    Thanks
    Shay

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Just out of curiosity... how is the starter relay control circuit wired? What vehicle is the engine in?

    Ive done two standalone LML harnesses so far, one of them seemed to work fine (I never heard back from the customer so I assume it worked fine), and the other one couldnt get the engine to fire. Spent hours on the phone diagnosing it, and the ECM refused to enable the injectors. Had good cam, crank, rail pressure signal...it just wouldnt fire the injectors.

    Im almost wondering if the LML ECM shares some of the E38 VATS gremlins? Where it needs to see a relay coil load on the starter relay control circuit (even though the VATS is already turned off) before it will enable starting???
    Hi
    With what cal you use?

  9. #9
    Lifetime Member DURAtotheMAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Im using OS 12644094.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

    many thanks to Ross and Paul

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Im using OS 12644094.
    Hi
    Is someone know if Efilive support VATS LML disable ?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. VATS removal
    By jah81592 in forum E37, E38 & E67 PFI ECM's
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
  2. what is vats patch and how do i use it
    By 400ss in forum Gen IV V8 Specific
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: July 5th, 2012, 09:10 PM
  3. Vats
    By Yortt in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 5th, 2010, 12:21 PM
  4. VATs question
    By Cougar281 in forum General (Diesel)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 18th, 2009, 08:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •