Thread: Kodiak w/84 Gal tank... stock file please?

Default Kodiak w/84 Gal tank... stock file please?

Hey guys,
    got a customer with a 5500 LLY Kodiak, "toter home" and it has an 84 gallon tank on it (that's what the bottom of the tanks actually says) and it's a single tank, not a dual. We were unable to retrieve the stock file due to a previous tuner having been on the truck and not returned to stock, however we are able to flash it. The software only allows up to 66.04 gallons I think, and GM offers an 80 gallon model from what I've seen.

I used a stock file from a 4500 LLY, and the fuel system segment matched, as did all but one of the others.... but it's scaled for a 25 gallon tank, and believe it or not, actually showed slightly more full when flashed in the truck vs bone stock.... but it was very close.

So in the midst of this puzzling fuel tank calibration, I'd like to see if anyone has a stock tune from a similar Kodiak model. Here's the vin:

1GBG5U1235F520144

Thanks for any help!
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by LBZoom View Post
    Hey guys,
    got a customer with a 5500 LLY Kodiak, "toter home" and it has an 84 gallon tank on it (that's what the bottom of the tanks actually says) and it's a single tank, not a dual. We were unable to retrieve the stock file due to a previous tuner having been on the truck and not returned to stock, however we are able to flash it. The software only allows up to 66.04 gallons I think, and GM offers an 80 gallon model from what I've seen.

I used a stock file from a 4500 LLY, and the fuel system segment matched, as did all but one of the others.... but it's scaled for a 25 gallon tank, and believe it or not, actually showed slightly more full when flashed in the truck vs bone stock.... but it was very close.

So in the midst of this puzzling fuel tank calibration, I'd like to see if anyone has a stock tune from a similar Kodiak model. Here's the vin:

1GBG5U1235F520144

Thanks for any help!

I have not seen such an animal in 10 years. I can obtain the stock file for you for a fee.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"