Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMM: EFI Live help. Dual tank and stabilitrak 2010 Yukon XL

Default LMM: EFI Live help. Dual tank and stabilitrak 2010 Yukon XL

Not sure if this can be done. I have successfully installed a LMM into a 2010 Yukon XL 2500. I am trying to get the dual tank set up to work. If I install a dual tank tune in the ECU from a 2008 cab chassis the stabilitrak will set a code that says ECU received invalid serial data. The engine and stabilitrak will run code free if I use the original 2009 tune in the ECU from the donor pick-up.

Is there any way to take just the fuel system section of the ECU calibration from the 2008 dual tank ecu tune and put it in the 2009 calibration that will work with stabilitrack?

As far as I can tell GM did not ever use Stabilitrak in a cab chassis (dual tank truck) So Im not sure if there is a stock GM file to use for this unique situation.

Thanks, Mark

That is correct, the only LMM's that had stabilitrak were 2009-2010 short bed trucks. Have you tried a 2009-2010 cab/chassis tune? Im wondering if the ABS module is setting a code because it sees an invalid year in the ECM VIN?

I just compared a 2009 cc/sb tune with a 2009 dually (no stabilitrak) tune, and the only segments that are different are the speedometer (different size tires) and fuel system (26 gallon tank vs 34 gallon).

Im almost positive I have swapped tunes between a short bed 2009 (with ESC) and a long bed 2009 (without ESC) and never had any stabilitrak issues...

Its definitely possible, Eric at Duraburb has made LMM Suburbans with working dual tanks and working stabilitrak. Just a matter of finding the right calibration.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

With a Tech 2, you should be able to see which exact module the ABS module is receiving invalid serial data from....which module is it?
    12.9s @ 108 mph

I have not tried a 09-10 stock dual tank file. I could not find one. Do you have one available? That could be the missing link. What ever causes the code is in the CAL flash. I can do a full flash to the 2009 software with a cal flash from the 2008 and the code will set. It does not set with the full 2009 set up flashed in. The code sets in the EBTCM C0242-71 ECU Invalid serial data received. I could be a little off on the code description I don't have my notes with me right now.

Just for grins...try flashing in the ECM file from a 2009-2010 dually, or a 2009-2010 long bed single rear wheel truck.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Great Idea,I will have to try to find one so I can plug into it and save the stock file. If I cant find one I guess Ill just go to the dealer and flash in a 2009 dual tank set up and cross my fingers that it works. I will report back my findings.

yes the rest of the body controll and abs modules will not accept the earlier cals dues to script differences hope you have the newer modules and flash a 09 or newer stock cal with techII to to all the ecms and then reflash with the modified 09 tune you have been working on efi only flashes the engine and trans computers not the rest hence no headlight and or wiper motor and annoying seat belt chime control

Quote Originally Posted by Lauder View Post
    yes the rest of the body controll and abs modules will not accept the earlier cals dues to script differences hope you have the newer modules and flash a 09 or newer stock cal with techII to to all the ecms and then reflash with the modified 09 tune you have been working on efi only flashes the engine and trans computers not the rest hence no headlight and or wiper motor and annoying seat belt chime control
    um...what?
    12.9s @ 108 mph

I flashed in a 2009 cab chassis tune with the GM MDI copied the tune with EFI then modified it to fit the Yukon. The stabilitrak code is still there even with the 2009 tune. Looks like I will be force to find a work around for the dual tanks since GM never had a diesel with dual fuel tanks and stabilitrack.

Any other suggestions?? I might need to try to contact Eric at Duraburb to see if he is willing to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamfm7 View Post
    I flashed in a 2009 cab chassis tune with the GM MDI copied the tune with EFI then modified it to fit the Yukon. The stabilitrak code is still there even with the 2009 tune. Looks like I will be force to find a work around for the dual tanks since GM never had a diesel with dual fuel tanks and stabilitrack.

Any other suggestions?? I might need to try to contact Eric at Duraburb to see if he is willing to help out.
    hmmm. Yeah I would contact Eric at Duraburb. Or DuramaxTuner, I believe they are the ones who do all of the tuning for Eric.

Can you find a 2010 cab/chassis tune? That way the VIN/year in the ABS module matches the VIN/year in the ECM and VIN/year in the 2010 suburban BCM...
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast