Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with Mar 03, 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with Mar 03, 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Mar 03, 2015 release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

• Software: V7.5.7.279
    • Software: V8.2.2.273
    • FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.80

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    Release notes state: Attempting to open Cummins CMD/CME CSP5 tune files or Cummins CMD/CME log files was failing with various errors.
    It should correctly state: Attempting to open Cummins CMB/CMC CSP5 tune files or any Cummins log file was failing with various errors.
    Workaround:
    None.

Issue 3:
    When loading a Cummins log file into the V7.5 Scan Tool software the controller from which the log file was recorded is not being detected correctly. That can cause some PIDs to not load and other PIDs to display incorrectly.
    Workaround:
    Prior to loading any Cummins log file, select the correct Cummins controller type (CMB, CMC, CMD or CME) from the menu: File->Select Controller.
    Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 4:
    When flashing E60 (LLY) controllers with a tune file that is flagged so that the ECM is Auto-Locked, the flash will fail but the ECM will be left in an Auto-Locked state, preventing any further flashing.
    After more investigation, this bug also appears to affect other controllers, not just E60 (LLY) controllers. LS1B controllers will be leaft in dead-poll mode and cannot be recovered until the updted firmware provided is installed.
    Workaround:
    Download the attached Firmware_V2_07_81.zip file and unzip the two firmware files into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware. You will need to have administrator privileges to save the files into that folder. Then run the V8 software and click on the [Check Firmware] button to update the firmware.
    Will be fixed in the next update.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; March 20th, 2015 at 05:55 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Is this a Bug saving BBL PID's ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBL.png 
Views:	421 
Size:	308.3 KB 
ID:	18081

EFILive Explorer show that the V2 has Options.txt file that is not the same as what is in the C:/Program Files(x86)/ EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config settings.

I have not tried to edit any PID's in close to a year. So I might have missed something?
    2011 LML 3500HD CC D/A 4x4
    2006 LBZ 3500 CC D/A 4x4 Sold
    2001 LB7 2500HD D/A 4x4 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Biodiesel66 View Post
    Is this a Bug saving BBL PID's ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBL.png 
Views:	421 
Size:	308.3 KB 
ID:	18081

EFILive Explorer show that the V2 has Options.txt file that is not the same as what is in the C:/Program Files(x86)/ EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config settings.

I have not tried to edit any PID's in close to a year. So I might have missed something?
    You need to do Run as Administrator when running V8 S&T.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Joe, I must have missed that class??? LOL

I have never had to do that before!
    I'm logged in as Admin.

Never thought I would need to "Run as Administrator" to open the App? WORKS fine doing that way,

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    No you don't.
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Biodiesel66 View Post
    Joe, I must have missed that class??? LOL

I have never had to do that before!
    I'm logged in as Admin.

Never thought I would need to "Run as Administrator" to open the App? WORKS fine doing that way,
    You have attempted to save the BBL options file in the C:/Program Files(x86)/EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config folder. All folders under C:/Program Files(x86)/ are write protected and cannot be written to by any application, EFILive included. Its a Windows security restriction thing. You should be saving that file to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config instead.

The problem may have occurred because you opened a file from that folder and the software is attempting to save it back where it originally came from - which it can't do. Try opening that same file from \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config instead. Or use the "Save As" option to save it back to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config.

The folder C:/Program Files(x86)/EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config is only used during installation and recovery to restore EFILive supplied configuration files back into the \My Documents\ folder.

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Blacky; March 4th, 2015 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Can't spell to save my life.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You have attempted to save the BBL options file in the C:/Program Files(x86)/EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config folder. All folders under C:/Program Files(x86)/ are write protected and cannot be written to by any application, EFILive included. Its a Windows security restriction thing. You should be saving that file to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config instead.

The problem may have occurred because you opened a file from that folder and the software is attempting to save it back where it originally came from - which it can't do. Try opening that same file from \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config instead. Or use the "Save As" option to save it back to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config.

The folder C:/Program Files(x86)/EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config is only used during installation and recovery to restore EFILive supplied configuration files back into the \My Documents\ folder.

Regards
    Paul
    When I opened EFILive Scan and Tune for the first time. It didn't show the selected controller or Options.txt I had saved. So I read from the V2 and clicked SAVE. That's when I got the error.
    Now BBL opens and saves to the My Documents/folder as you pointed out. No problems and don't need to run the App as "Run as Administrator".

Anyone noticing more E60 failures? We are having it VERY common lately (since this release its more prominant). I dont know if its coincidence or not, but $0333 (bootloader rejected, locked with custom key, and serial number issues) are seemingly on the rise. We have done v8 and 7.5 flahes, high speed off, alt keys, pretty much all the tricks and still no luck.

Thanks guys,
    Kory
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Kory,

See issue #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Kory,

See issue #4.
    OMG im a idiot and now "That guy"... shizzzz!!!

LOL, thanks a bunch man.

Excuse the false alarm
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast