Thread: B1205 adjustments

Default B1205 adjustments

I was looking at some tunes I have for my car 2010 Camaro ls3. Trying to figure out why the tuner I got the cam/tune from would have added 15 degrees to this whole table over the stock tune? Cam is 233/245 113+1, I have had issues with the car having a dead spot/ocassional back fire through the intake if I stand on it from idle. The other tune I have is from a smaller cam yet, 223/239 114+2 and that tuner removed 40 degrees from the entire table. This tune didn't have any issues like above and ran pretty well. Ive searched and found mixed results and some had a formula to determine what this needed to be set to since I plan to retune the car myself

Lifetime Member

Changing injector timing can help control the idle with a larger cam. In your case the overlap increased from 3 to 13 degrees. Still relatively mild, but that's a big difference. I wouldn't think the injector timing change would cause your symptoms, but put the values back to stock to make sure. If that doesn't fix it, at least you've eliminated one probable cause. There is an injector timing calculator on the other site that may help.

I realize that, it don't seem like much but when comparing the 2 tunes, they differ 55 degrees across the board. Both are well known 5th gen Camaro shops. I cant understand why the small cam would spray sooner than stock. I would think this would create cylinder wash. I would think both would of been advanced do to the degree of overlap.

Im considering just running the factory injector timing but there most be a good reason why both shops altered this. Being that my car is maf tune only, I wonder if it goes lean due to the delay for a split second

I set it back to stock settings and it went a lot richer on my wb. Seems to be a lot of theory to this in regards to hpt but hardly anything with efi live. Maybe a mod can move this to gen iv specific?

Lifetime Member

There's a thread about injection timing on the Gen3 boards. You might find it interesting.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...jection-timing