Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-2015 Cummins CSP and EDA update

Lifetime Member

Default 2010-2015 Cummins CSP and EDA update

For those of you who do not subscribe to our newsletter, today we posted a progress report for CSP and EDA.

Development progress, screen shots and video can be found here https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/n...p5-eda-update/

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Woohoo

Can't wait for real logging abilities.

Keep up the good work
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Looks really good.

One question, I was always under the understanding that the oil pressure reading in these trucks was just a simulated value and not actually true. I think it might have been H&S that originally said that. Basically I understood that the value fluctuated depending on rpm and the only thing the sensor in the motor did was tell you if you had "zero" pressure.

On the 2010+ there is a Oil Pressure sensor shown on the wiring diagrams (don't know if it is just a switch or a real sensor), but I think what you mentioned is certainly correct for the earlier ECM's (2006 etc).
    Certainly reviewing the logs from a 2012 the Oil Pressure tracks the RPM very close so it may be simulated, but it seemed like a logical PID to include as the ECM may trip some warnings based on this value.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

So what was the theory behind adjustable pilot qty but not adjustable pilot timing?

Only can fit so many tables, cant have them all.

Lifetime Member

Mitco, You misunderstood my question.

Why adjustable qty? It references the main injection conversion table {D0508} anyways.. Make your pilot changes in there. That leaves room for pilot timing to take its place.

Yeah sure it may affect post injection by doing it that way. But I got much better results by adjusting pilot timing than I ever did with Qty on a 4th gen.

Here's the problem, I originally did them with Pilot timing but it was then requested by quite a number of our Cummins beta testers that we replace pilot timing for pilot quantity. I would say 80% of them wanted quantity over timing.
    Unfortunately as Mitch said, there is simply no room in the ECM to have both pilot timing and quantity switchable.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Here's the problem, I originally did them with Pilot timing but it was then requested by quite a number of our Cummins beta testers that we replace pilot timing for pilot quantity. I would say 80% of them wanted quantity over timing.
    I guess I am once again in the minority...

Thanks for all the hours you guys have put into this project. Even at half those parameters it is 10x better than MCC.

I'd welcome a debate on it, even if to shed light on the reasons why, but at this stage it probably won't be changed (again!). I just did as I was told

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast