Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-2015 Cummins CSP and EDA update

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I'd welcome a debate on it, even if to shed light on the reasons why, but at this stage it probably won't be changed (again!). I just did as I was told
    I agree, I would love to hear why many chose qty over timing. I am by no means a mass tuner, but there are a handful of local trucks (chevy[efi], dodge[efi/mcc], ford[mcc]) I have tuning on. All the 4th gen rams responded more to timing than quantity. And if we can already control pilot pulse in {D0508} based on pressure, and kinda sorta rpms based off rail map. It made more sense like you had it originally with pilot timing. Atleast in my mind. But I'm not in the Beta program nor a big name tuner so I ask my questions here. Not trying to be a pain Ross, just trying to understand what is going on.

Problem I see with a discussion, the diesel tuning community has gone extremely cut throat. Doesn't seem that those who know are as helpful in the later years. I'm sure they would be willing to talk with you guys however.

Like I said, I was just following orders, sorry.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SASDakota View Post
    Problem I see with a discussion, the diesel tuning community has gone extremely cut throat. Doesn't seem that those who know are as helpful in the later years. I'm sure they would be willing to talk with you guys however.
    I don't think many tuners see it like that. I think they offer the same help that they did years ago, the difference is what took 15-20 hours of trial and error in development to determine the required outcome based on different strategies now takes over 100 hours of development given the volume of combinations that now need to be tested.

I think the difference is lots of people give up when they can't find a solution in a relatively short time frame and expect others to tell them, whereas in the past they didn't need to be told because they found their own solution in a relatively short time frame.

Cheers
    Cindy

I think the right call was made, I would also rather have switching pilot quantity than timing. Not to say pilot timing isn't important, I change the pilot timing on all of my tunes but I can live with it not being switchable.

Lifetime Member

Pilot aside... How is CSP/EDA coming along Ross?

You should see some internet noise this week about it, we have actually been waiting for the public release to go out so our testers can safely run public and beta software on the same PC.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

COOL! Soon as pre-release comes out I'll be up late that night!

I'm anxiously waiting for the release as well. Hope all testing goes good so it can be out to public very soon.
    08 LMM CC Dually

Canada

There has already been a fair bit of testing prior to this, now we have just added more OS for testing on a wider variety of trucks.

I bet this is going to be a freakin hit! Seems like nobody wants a single tune anymore.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast