Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2010-2015 Cummins CSP and EDA update

Question about this update. I have EFIlive scan and tune V8.2.2 and EFIlive scan V7.5.7. I was able to log using v7.5.7 with limited pids. I am looking for cmm3 {Cubic_mils} This version does not support that. If I use V8.2.2 {Scan and tune} a message pops up says "this option not available yet." So, is there another piece that I need to log Cmm3's?

Big_Red

Lifetime Member

Logging on Cummins is different to other platforms. The factory logging capabilities were 'simple' and 'unusable' in terms of detailed data collection. EFILive created our own logging platform called EDA (Enhanced Data Logging). EDA is ONLY available to customers who relfash their ECM with a CSP (Cummins switchable tuning) operating system.

Full instructions on how to create a CSP tune file, and setup EDA logging can be found in the CSP Upgrade tutorials either on our website here http://www.efilive.com/documentation-tutorials or within the Help -> Documents menu of your V8 software. NOTE: Each Cummins platform has a slightly different process and set of instructions given ECM architecture is different, so please ensure you select the document that suits your vehicle.

Given the complexity involved in creating this customized proprietary technology, EDA is only available via V8 software using BBL (Black box logging features) or via V7 Scan tool in pass-thru mode. The documentation detailed above provide step by step instructions on how to enable EDA for both V8 and V7 software.

EDA contains a fixed list of logging parameters that cannot be modified or changed - the development complexity was significant and cannot be revisited given that future changes will impact on existing customers. You will need to look within the software to see if it covers the PID you require. If it does, you will need to log the entire EDA group. If it does not contain your PID, then you will need to research other tools on the market to see if they can assist you.

Cheers
    Cindy

Thank you for the explanation. I have some reading and having to get acclimated to this "new" process. I have used EFI live in the past on a 5.9 Cummins and logging cubic mils was part of the logging tool. So, I figured after all of the steps {required to edit a file} had this feature also. The process to edit this one is scary one to say the least.. with the warnings and finding a file to use as a base after unlocking it... yikes!
    The software is working as expected and we are seeing results. We would like to have a better picture to see how this are progressing.

Big_Red

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345