Thread: New to this all and need some help

Default New to this all and need some help

Ok so were to start I picked up a 2008 silverado 2500hd ltz z71 4x4 crew cab long bed duramax (LMM from what i can tell) this truck will be for our family ranch and needs to have the power to recover stuck equipment and chase down livestock i came across a friend who had a Efi live flash scan v2 for a good price (just need to buy a vin lic for it) so i picked it up i am currently running a diablo trinity on it and it dose ok however with the idling for hrs at a time the def system clogs so i want to get rid of it and as this truck stays on PRIVET OWNED LAND AND ROADS at all times i see no problems with it as the laws read so i guess i just need some one to point out a good reliable place or person to make the tunes also passably add a 5 tune switch so its not always running in a heavy toe mode thank you for any help provided

Everyone has their favourite tuner. PPEI, ATP and Duramaxtuner are some of the big names, they can all help you out.
    2005 Cummins - EFILive Conversion - S474 single - 1325hp on the spray.

am i correct in the fact that that the exhaust is the best place to start on making more power?
    as in get it all out as fast before you worry about adding?
    Last edited by Rapponotti; March 19th, 2015 at 04:34 AM. Reason: part two

You can make more power keeping emissions stock. But if your are doing extended idle and already having filter clogging issues it's best to remove for off road
    2005 Cummins - EFILive Conversion - S474 single - 1325hp on the spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins610 View Post
    You can make more power keeping emissions stock. But if your are doing extended idle and already having filter clogging issues it's best to remove for off road
    how so?
    filter being clogged aside wouldn't the def system create back psi and make the temp of the exhaust rise and so on

Hay, Rap. There is a sticky for DPF removal. I would check that out and see if it answers your questions.
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

Quote Originally Posted by LB72004 View Post
    Hay, Rap. There is a sticky for DPF removal. I would check that out and see if it answers your questions.
    THANK YOU for your in put ill look it up and see what i find how ever now it would seam that i need a new def system as all the idling on the ranch has clogged the system so bad that it can not be cleaned well that's what the mechanic said so it looks like the the def system never took in to account that some people use diesels for ranch work that require them to be at idle or just above for a days work really frustrating makes me think i should have just got the 8.1l chevy i was looking at