Thread: Issues with my maxx tune.

Default Issues with my maxx tune.

Hey all, I have a 2011 6.7 cummins manual Trans. I have recently deleted, Airdog 165, s&b intake, 4 in turbo back exhaust, and efi live by kory willis. Oh and installed a clutch rated for 650 hp. All the other tunes work great except Max. In Maxx tune the fuel rail will only build up to 93 psi. In ecotow and street pressures jump to 102-103. La tuning(kory Willis) read my data logs and told me I have a problem with my truck. I don't understand why it would show in only one tune though. If the truck had an issue you would see and feel it in all the tunes. The truck just want go in maxx. It never boost up or nothing. Sometimes in all the tunes, if I stomp the throttle I get a perform service message on the evic. No dtc's though. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I paid for something that I would like to work.
    2011 6.7 cummins dpf/ccv delete (wanting EFI LIVE to wake her up) g56 transmission

I'll attach my data logs when I get a chance
    2011 6.7 cummins dpf/ccv delete (wanting EFI LIVE to wake her up) g56 transmission

Not trying to fob you off but the EFILive forum is for people who tune themselves, we can't offer support for other tuners tunes. You are best to keep working with Kory on the issue.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well thanks for the help. I'm new to EFI Live and was actually trying to find a tuner in my area. My experience with efi so far has been rather short of stellar. I've proved to Kory with my data logs that my truck is holding higher fuel rail pressures with the other tunes, yet all they tell me is maxx tune requires more fuel demand. An then just tell me the problem is the truck. So it only does it in one tune? Yet it's equipment failure. I'm trying to get some answers before I sell the tuner and go with H&S. I've dropped a lot of money into something, and would like for it to work. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, but I am even more sorry for thinking that efi could help with efi tunes.

Does Microsoft support help you write letters in Word? Not much different I'm afraid particularly when Kory also does tuning of these trucks outside of EFILive which complicates matters when asking us for advice. EFILive does not offer DPF deletes for the 2010+ Cummins trucks so it is simply not possible for us to diagnose a problem like you are having based on what our software does because the changes made to create your tune were not done 100% with EFILive. Sure yes you have EFIlive, you flash with EFILive but your tune was not from EFILive.
    Last edited by GMPX; March 20th, 2015 at 11:03 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Without knowing what you have done to your truck and what you bought from Kory, I think what Kory is telling you is that your fuel system CANNOT meet the demand of what the MAXX tune is asking. Whether you have worn parts, or that tune is just too big for your parts, only Kory can say. There are many variables that go into varying power levels. Two of them are duration and fuel pressure. To get more power, you can adjust duration, pressure, or both. All of these place additional demand on your fuel system. Just for comparrison sake, lets say that the ecotune makes 60hp and it using 1500us duration at 26ksi. And say that the Maxx tune is a 200 hp tune that is asking for 2500us at 26ksi. Just because your fuel system will provide enough volume to maintain fuel pressure at that 1500us duration, it may not be able to maintain that same 26ksi at 2500us duration. There could be two reasons for this. 1) It could be that the tune is just too agressive for the hardware on your truck. 2) It could mean that components on your truck are worn and not able to meet the demand of the tune. Only Kory can tell you based on HIS experience with his tuning, whether he feels the tune is too agressive for your truck, or there is something with your truck that is causing it not to meet the demand of the tune.
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Quote Originally Posted by KhakiCummins View Post
    Without knowing what you have done to your truck and what you bought from Kory, I think what Kory is telling you is that your fuel system CANNOT meet the demand of what the MAXX tune is asking. Whether you have worn parts, or that tune is just too big for your parts, only Kory can say. There are many variables that go into varying power levels. Two of them are duration and fuel pressure. To get more power, you can adjust duration, pressure, or both. All of these place additional demand on your fuel system. Just for comparrison sake, lets say that the ecotune makes 60hp and it using 1500us duration at 26ksi. And say that the Maxx tune is a 200 hp tune that is asking for 2500us at 26ksi. Just because your fuel system will provide enough volume to maintain fuel pressure at that 1500us duration, it may not be able to maintain that same 26ksi at 2500us duration. There could be two reasons for this. 1) It could be that the tune is just too agressive for the hardware on your truck. 2) It could mean that components on your truck are worn and not able to meet the demand of the tune. Only Kory can tell you based on HIS experience with his tuning, whether he feels the tune is too agressive for your truck, or there is something with your truck that is causing it not to meet the demand of the tune.
    Thank you. That makes perfect sense, maybe my cp3 isn't able to supply the fuel commanded by the tune. I did give Kory a list of what was going on the truck with the the tuner, but like you said something could be worn. Thanks again

Get a fass or make sure your factory fuel filter is fresh my 6.7 wouldn't hold a bigger tune perfect till a fass system I'd be happy to help you out if you need any help