Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with March 2015, Release Candidate 1

Have you ever flashed your S-10 with TechII? As Paul had stated earlier, GM even says that on some vehicles fuses MUST be pulled prior to flashing or isolated using a very expensive tool, you will see warnings like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIS_warning.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	18184

That warning is what you get prior to flashing a C5 Corvette, you need a box plugged in to isolate certain modules from the VPW bus. You don't need to do this with EFILive on all VPW vehicles, but some can be really stubborn and timing is critical with them to make everything go smoothly.
    http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/knowledgebase/print-427.html
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Yes on the techII. A shop I hang around at has one. They have had to use a tool made by OTC i think it was on a few cars. In my last post I meant that it is just the nature of some of these GM cars to be stubborn. I know 5 years ago it drove me crazy when my pcm refused to flash. You and paul told me to start pulling fuses until it worked. And that was it. No more trouble. So I just pull that fuse when I flash now everytime. Wasnt complaining about efilive this time. Lol.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    In my last post I meant that it is just the nature of some of these GM cars to be stubborn.
    Yes, just one of the shortcomings of the VPW comms bus as you've discovered.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

E92 OS # 12663390 and OS # 12660065
    still has wrong MAX and MIN values for B0169 and B0170

Thanks in advance
    EFILive Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    You are being very difficult......just being honest. In fact I was very surprised to see a long time member carry on like you did.

For those following along Chevy366 was told the following via the help desk (which wasn't good enough apparently).

The GM class-2 VPW bus uses a co-operative architecture which means all modules must cooperate when transmitting on the bus and all modules must respect all other modules' transmissions (especially when reading/flashing). If a module on the bus is interfering then there is nothing the EFILive software or the FlashScan hardware can do about it. The modules used in GM vehicles (in all vehicles really) are made by many different suppliers. Sometimes the suppliers don't get the level of co-operation correct and those modules interfere with the read/flash process. Top tier suppliers who supply factory fitted modules usually do get it right. Its mostly the aftermarket devices, usually radios, that get it wrong. However, even factory fitted devices can and do get it wrong. The Duramax LLY uses a very similar ECM to the P12 and that controller is riddled with such problems. Don't forget, that GM's tech2 device does not and cannot read the controller like EFILive does. So GM do not test their systems to ensure that all modules operate correctly when the controller is being read.

When flashing vehicles using GM's own Tech2 equipment even GM advise to isolate other modules from the VPW bus on some platforms. Obviously I didn't want you having to pull the PCM out of the vehicle and purchase a bench harness so I recommended pulling the fuse for the ABS module. I was just trying to provide you with the simplest and least intrusive method to remove the ABS from the equation.
    Ah the old blame GM game, at some point you go F#$% this S%*$. :-(

So I suggest you put in the selling points that the P12 is not supported fully but only in a bench harness operation. "Trailblazer not supported"
    I have in the years past voiced my opinion about the P12 quirkness (flashing, and now reading) yet went unnoticed or ignored this is not a new issue by any means, been going on for years. :-)

I emailed you agian with no response so I came here.

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Pull the radio fuse. If that does not work pull the abs fuse. I have done 350 flashes on my PO8 pcm im my 1998 S10, and I have to pull the radio fuse everytime. Or it will not read or flash. It is 100 % stock factory original radio and all, nothing added on. This is your only problem. Pull the correct fuse and read/flash away. P12 and P08 are very similiar pcm's in alot of ways.
    P08 and P12 may be close but it is the body platform and the data buses that may vary. Might work, might not.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Have you ever flashed your S-10 with TechII? As Paul had stated earlier, GM even says that on some vehicles fuses MUST be pulled prior to flashing or isolated using a very expensive tool, you will see warnings like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIS_warning.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	18184

That warning is what you get prior to flashing a C5 Corvette, you need a box plugged in to isolate certain modules from the VPW bus. You don't need to do this with EFILive on all VPW vehicles, but some can be really stubborn and timing is critical with them to make everything go smoothly.
    http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/knowledgebase/print-427.html
    So where is the warning in EFILive that a P12 requires (a) fuse/s to be pulled and which one/s to pull?
    Just saying, might have been a bad example there on your part.

I would be fine if I was informed in the sotware that (a) fuse/s have to be pulled and which one/s that needed to be pulled, just give me the correct answer and details on how to make the V2 and sotware work with my controller "in the vehicle". To much to ask? To difficult of a request?

Again just being honest.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    I would be fine if I was informed in the sotware that (a) fuse/s have to be pulled and which one/s that needed to be pulled, just give me the correct answer and details on how to make the V2 and sotware work with my controller "in the vehicle". To much to ask? To difficult of a request?
    It was suggested to you to try to pull some fuses to figure out which module was causing the problems, Paul said that in Post 34 , another user suggested the radio fuse in Post 40, did you try any of those?

With no direct access to any P12 Trailblazers we will be working with some others who have access with the correct logging equipment to try to solve the problem if they can replicate it. I agree it is not a good situation but the VPW bus isn't very good, no other way to say it, unfortunately that does mean we are playing 'the old blame GM game', well they designed the thing. If you can try the fuses listed in those post that would be great, if not we just ask that you please wait until some other testers have the chance to.

Flash in isolation using bench harness.

Correct way to handle remote (email tuning) when customer updates their V2 to latest release candidate and my V2 is not. Can they go back to previous update or am I forced to update my V2 and then have all my customers update also? I do not like running release candidates due to possible issues.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Correct way to handle remote (email tuning) when customer updates their V2 to latest release candidate and my V2 is not. Can they go back to previous update or am I forced to update my V2 and then have all my customers update also? I do not like running release candidates due to possible issues.
    There are some significant file format changes between the July public release and the current RC1 software. It is necessary to have both FlashScan and AutoCal on the same version. Firmware cannot be downgraded even if the end user makes a mistake.

There is another release scheduled in the coming days. It contains very minor changes to RC1, that we expect will become the next public release.

Cheers
    Cindy

I have found a small anomaly with respect to LML VIN Changes.

If I use V8 Scan and Tune to change the VIN the V8 program displays it correctly.

If I use the V7.5 to open the tune from V8 using the "EDIT" feature the VIN is garbled up.

If I enter the VIN again in V7.5 tune tool and resave the tune file/close/reopen it remains correct.

Thanks
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast