Thread: Known issues with March 2015, Release Candidate 1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here you go slowly and as concise as I can say it -- Tried reading P12 controller (PCM) after the RC1 update, now listen very carefully so there is no more confusion, controller (PCM) would not read got about 1/3, that is one third if segmented in thirds it was one of those segments, stopped for several minutes, dash lights were all on before stoppage, meaning all warning lights not back lights, got it so far?
    After a few seconds, didn't watch to see exact amount of time sorry, the dash lights began an on and off sequence then stopped, only 2 lights lit (don't remember the exact ones) after that, software showed a stoppage of progress, meaning the progress bar stopped (progress bar-- a bar indicating progress of a software process), got it so far? Not trying to be curt just hoping no more confusion occurs.
    After the software set unresponsive for a few seconds, again not certain how much time passed, was given an error of $0101 (no data received) 3 times, then $0311 with an $11 in a balloon box window. I tired starting the truck (Trailblazer is considered a truck in my state) it did start, I did this in fear that the no read unresponsive software may have harmed the controller (PCM), it did, somehow the failed read left some parts of the controller (PCM) unresponsive meaning the computer controlled clutch fan was stuck in a always on state (which was functioning properly before failed read), the A/C clutch would not engage (worked properly before failed read) are the 2 known items of the failed read caused to malfunction, now got it so far? So I tried reading the controller (PCM) again same thing, and again, and again, (sent trace files) finally the software made a complete read, the the computer controlled clutch fan worked properly, and the A/C as well. This started the whole thing and is my main concern, that and why one of the checksum errors in the OS was encountered.

After updating to RC1, opened Scan and Tune (meaning opened V8 software at this point was prompted), plugged in the V2 and was prompted to update firmware of the V2, did so, saw a balloon button that allowed me to format the config files and rewrite them into the the V2.
    The first checksum error seemed harmless and gave no warning about corrupting the controller (PCM).
    However the second checksum error (OS checksum) after the final reading of the controller (PCM) did give such a warning (may corrupt the controller, EFILive will not allow a reflash with this tune file), this one gives me concern.

So in retrospect the 2 concerns are not the first checksum error, please stop fixating on it, the failed reading of the controller (PCM) and the error and component problems followed by the bad checksum in the read OS file are the 2 concerns I have at present. I tend to work through problems to quickly sometimes and brush off the method I used to achieve the fix sorry.

Here is the response I received from support -- can you please point out the correct number --

========= Please enter your reply ABOVE this line =========

Hello
    gilbert,

Thank you for submitting your question to our staff. We will
    respond to your question by email.

Anytime you wish you can view your
    question
    online:

https://support.efilive.com/view.php...&pass=RMwQp4gg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

This
    message was sent by the EFILive helpdesk.

Have a question we can help you
    with? Visit our knowledgebase for a list of questions and
    answers:

https://support.efilive.com/kb.php

Alternatively, ask our staff
    a question:

https://support.efilive.com/newticket.php
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From support page -- Question Ref
    5838-UHCB-8296
    One I posted 5838-UHCB-8296 --- 81c9f9d7

Seems if you take the last few number/letters off it is correct, sad your site and you didn't know that.

Think confusion-- just go to the support page of EFILive or all the iteration of updates by the programmer. :-)

I am not going to risk a failed read again and the fan and A/C problems that come from that.
    I will send you the corrected file, and as you can see I have sent the trace files from that read session.
    I don't know how I can help you any more than I have, I can send you photos of the OS checksum error I took with my phone but it is not the corrupted file.

"You said this in the previous post" [Paul]
    I have an older tune file with the correct checksum which I posted within the body of the OP.

Not file but checksum says so in the quoted text. And I did put the old checksum values in the OP, here it is again -- It use to work fine what happened? Old checksum in an older tune is $D14F1F23, seems "engine operation" and OS are different, old "engine operation" checksum $2E10FFAA, new checksum $A5570DD4, when I say old it is still a .ctz file.
    Said nothing about including a file just checksum, I think you are confusing yourself.

In the past I have voiced my concerns about the P12 reading and the difficulty of it.
    Last edited by Chevy366; March 28th, 2015 at 07:29 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .