Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Known issues with March 2015, Release Candidate 1

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with March 2015, Release Candidate 1

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the March 2015, Release Candidate 1 of the EFILive Software and Firmware

• Software: V7.5.7.280
    • Software: V8.2.2.274
    • FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.81

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Last edited by Blacky; April 10th, 2015 at 09:01 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

tuning an lly tonight and everytime I save the LLY tune after converting it to DSp5 it locks it and I have to open with V8 and clear restrictions, and it would not let me save it without my V2 connected when I was done. never had this happen before.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

In the release notes we have this:

IMPORTANT
    Your security restriction options on the [Permissions] tab page in the V7.5 Tune Tool software may change during the upgrade to this version of the V7.5 software. Please review those security restriction options and reconfigure them according to your preference.

It is possibe, (probable even) that your security restrictions in the V7 tuning tool software have been changed during the update. Please make sure they are set like this, which is the default value:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v7permissions.png 
Views:	487 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	18153

What happened in a previous version was the settings got saved incorrectly into the V7 registry. That meant when we corrected the bug in this version, there was no way for the softwar to automatically "fix" the settings. So we advise you to check them and set them to what you want them to be.

You can use the V8 software to remove any security settings that got set when you saved the files using V7.

Regards
    Paul

Paul,

I dont think the BBX quick setup is saving the security restrictions properly. The CTZ to COZ worked great however with the ctz if I save it as private and then export it to a folder I can still open it as none of the security flags are set. I would assume its the same for the .coz's.

Thanks

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Security restriction changes are not "baked into" the tune files in the BBX list until the BBX file is saved. So if you change the restrictions, then export the file it will have the original restrictions that the file had when it was added to the BBX list.
    If you save the BBX file first, then re-open it (as would be the case if you sent it to a customer), then export the files you will see that the security restrictions are retained.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Paul,

I dont think the BBX quick setup is saving the security restrictions properly. The CTZ to COZ worked great however with the ctz if I save it as private and then export it to a folder I can still open it as none of the security flags are set. I would assume its the same for the .coz's.

Thanks

Mitch

I tried that as well. I get the .coz cannot be opened error when trying to open that file. Thats if I double clicked the .bbx file in my windows explorer. If I open up the bbx file inside of V8 it opens up like you said it would in the post above. Is there a way to send this to the customer and just have them double click the bbx file and have it pop up the window for them to click program?

Or maybe I am missing something.

Everything else seems to work perfectly. I was also wondering is it possible to add in a feature that would update the autocal/v2 firmware to the current version of their software they have downloaded automatically? It would really make this a one or 2 click process for the customer if we were able to do that.

Thanks a bunch Paul,

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

You can't (yet) double click on a *.bbx file and have it open automatically. But we're working on it, so soon you will be able to do that.

We have decided against automatically updating the firmware since it is impossible to downgrade the firmware once it has been updated. We have been asked about an auto firmware update option and we are still considering it. Meanwhile, the [Check Firmware] button on the main V8 Scan and Tune window is the quickest/simplest option for now.

Regards
    Paul

Makes sense Paul.

Thanks so much for your quick replies. Finally just got on board with using this system as I have started doing more and more trucks and this is going to save me a huge amount of time especially now that we can go from ctz to coz inside this program.

Next little question for you. Is it possible to hide all the read commands as well "switch tunes" option from the autocal as this confuses many customers. Again not a huge deal by any means, just adding suggestions haha.

Thank you sir.

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

You can't remove the read options from AutoCal.

You can enable/disable the switching options for AutoCal.

Name:	BBX_Switch.png 
Views:	367 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	18163

AutoCal settings are saved in the BBX quick setup file if you check the "Include current device settings" checkbox.

Name:	BBX_Options.png 
Views:	369 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	18164

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Makes sense Paul.

Thanks so much for your quick replies. Finally just got on board with using this system as I have started doing more and more trucks and this is going to save me a huge amount of time especially now that we can go from ctz to coz inside this program.

Next little question for you. Is it possible to hide all the read commands as well "switch tunes" option from the autocal as this confuses many customers. Again not a huge deal by any means, just adding suggestions haha.

Thank you sir.

Mitch

Ah perfect. Thanks.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast