Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Known issues with March 2015, Release Candidate 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Ah the old blame GM game, at some point you go F#$% this S%*$. :-(

So I suggest you put in the selling points that the P12 is not supported fully but only in a bench harness operation. "Trailblazer not supported"
    I have in the years past voiced my opinion about the P12 quirkness (flashing, and now reading) yet went unnoticed or ignored this is not a new issue by any means, been going on for years. :-)

I emailed you agian with no response so I came here.

P08 and P12 may be close but it is the body platform and the data buses that may vary. Might work, might not.

So where is the warning in EFILive that a P12 requires (a) fuse/s to be pulled and which one/s to pull?
    Just saying, might have been a bad example there on your part.

I would be fine if I was informed in the sotware that (a) fuse/s have to be pulled and which one/s that needed to be pulled, just give me the correct answer and details on how to make the V2 and sotware work with my controller "in the vehicle". To much to ask? To difficult of a request?

Again just being honest.
    Apparently you've never tried to flash an LB7 Duramax ECM. They will literally brick themselves because you looked at them wrong. Myself, along with everyone else that tunes them, keep a rebuilt ECM or 5 on hand for when it happens. And it's not EFILive's fault at all. Just a bad design from GM. But GM also never designed this controllers to flashed by the end user with non-GM hardware. And the GM hardware leaves a lot to be desired. I would even put money on your Trailblazer not taking a flash from a GM MDI or Tech 2.

So either pull some fuses like you've been told, buy a bench harness, or go buy hptuners and have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mpdtune View Post
    Apparently you've never tried to flash an LB7 Duramax ECM. They will literally brick themselves because you looked at them wrong. Myself, along with everyone else that tunes them, keep a rebuilt ECM or 5 on hand for when it happens. And it's not EFILive's fault at all. Just a bad design from GM. But GM also never designed this controllers to flashed by the end user with non-GM hardware. And the GM hardware leaves a lot to be desired. I would even put money on your Trailblazer not taking a flash from a GM MDI or Tech 2.

So either pull some fuses like you've been told, buy a bench harness, or go buy hptuners and have the same problem.
    I'll take an LB7 any day over an LLY. NOTHING out there has caused me more grief than the friggen LLY's have. From flashes just not going, to the flash not taking, to the flash that does go through being something completely different than what I know I flashed into it. It's just how it goes with some of these trucks.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

All VPW based controllers like what you guys talk about are on knifes edge when flashing, unfortunately the VPW bus is not tolerant of misbehaving modules. It is why many of the vehicles GM made have the 'star' connector so you can quickly isolate modules from other modules. It is usually the BCM in the LLY as the cause of problems, I think GM must have used different suppliers who didn't always follow the rules. I remember when we started working on the LLY all those years ago Paul was lucky enough to have access to a vehicle in NZ, on that truck reading and flashing was rock solid, unfortunately that doesn't always mean the same on every other LLY out there.
    The LB7 is a crazy one for sure, TIS2WEB will lock those up if it is a 2001, they are very fussy. It is a shame that GM didn't switch to CAN earlier.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    All VPW based controllers like what you guys talk about are on knifes edge when flashing, unfortunately the VPW bus is not tolerant of misbehaving modules. It is why many of the vehicles GM made have the 'star' connector so you can quickly isolate modules from other modules. It is usually the BCM in the LLY as the cause of problems, I think GM must have used different suppliers who didn't always follow the rules. I remember when we started working on the LLY all those years ago Paul was lucky enough to have access to a vehicle in NZ, on that truck reading and flashing was rock solid, unfortunately that doesn't always mean the same on every other LLY out there.
    The LB7 is a crazy one for sure, TIS2WEB will lock those up if it is a 2001, they are very fussy. It is a shame that GM didn't switch to CAN earlier.
    The Drewtech Mongoose GM/Pro will not even flash them...........Drewtech won't even address the issue.

I have to use the older VPW Silver cable on LB7's even on a bench the drewtech blue cable will not flash without hosing the LB7 ecm up
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

It's not the 'cable', it is the poorly written code in the LB7 ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I have found a small anomaly with respect to LML VIN Changes.

If I use V8 Scan and Tune to change the VIN the V8 program displays it correctly.

If I use the V7.5 to open the tune from V8 using the "EDIT" feature the VIN is garbled up.

If I enter the VIN again in V7.5 tune tool and resave the tune file/close/reopen it remains correct.

Thanks
    I tried the same thing here with both E86A and E86B and after changing the VIN using V8, the VIN showed correctly in V7.
    Do you have screen shots and/or step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul, as requested

Thanks

1) Open tune in V8
    2) Select Properties/Controller Info/VIN/Change VIN/Save
    3) Select EDIT
    4) Open file in V7.5

Garbled up VIN

I did upgrade from July 19th to the current RC1 and did not do an UN-INSTALL first ?

I also am running Windows 7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8 Vin Change.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	358.0 KB 
ID:	18237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8 Vin Change_Edit in V7.5_2.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	353.8 KB 
ID:	18238  
    www.mscservices.net

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Paul, as requested

Thanks

1) Open tune in V8
    2) Select Properties/Controller Info/VIN/Change VIN/Save
    3) Select EDIT
    4) Open file in V7.5

Garbled up VIN

I did upgrade from July 19th to the current RC1 and did not do an UN-INSTALL first ?

I also am running Windows 7
    Its most likely being caused by the file's NVRAM areas. The VIN is stored in the NVRAM which is duplicated in two places in the file, one active and the other inactive. EFILive V7 and V8 are possibly using different banks to retrieve the VIN from the file, V8 is probably using the correct bank, V7 is probably using the wrong bank.
    Can you send me the file that you are using so I can verify that and fix the problem in V7?

Regards
    Paul

Yes Sir,

Its every file, and no matter what VIN I change it to it still displays the same wrong garbled VIN, quite strange.

You have an email
    www.mscservices.net

New update "Release Candidate 2" posted here:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...se-Candidate-2

We plan on promoting this RC2 version to the full public release on Monday Australian time, which is Sunday night US time.

Regards
    Paul

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456