Thread: P12 errors

Default P12 errors

Updated to the newest RC1 version and went to read a P12 and had a hard time reading through V8 (3 attempts one was a $101 error, another was a $0311 with a $11 Mode Not Supported) it finally read all the way through but gives a error that the calibration contains one or more invalid/incorrect checksums, OS has red "X" beside it says OS is 12627882, checksum is $6FDDC631.

Says in error block balloon, will not let me reflash due to checksum error.

It use to work fine what happened? Old checksum in an older tune is $D14F1F23, seems "engine operation" and OS are different, old "engine operation" checksum $2E10FFAA, new checksum $A5570DD4, when I say old it is still a .ctz file.

I just did "update checksum' and got a warning message that it could corrupt the controller, safe?
    Has green check mark now.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    It use to work fine what happened?
    Don't know, can you send the trace files to support?

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    I just did "update checksum' and got a warning message that it could corrupt the controller, safe?
    No, definitely not safe, don't flash that in.
    You may say, well why put the option there? There is some occasions when it needs to be done, however the warning holds true.

Also, can you please post this in the RC1 release thread, problems with RC1 should be posted in there. That is probably the only thread Paul will be monitoring for problems.
    Before you do though are you 100% sure you updated the firmware too? We've had a number of people report issues with RC1 comms and each time it is because they didn't update the V2 firmware as well.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Moved
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .