ok I had my truck tuned, 05 stock LLY possibly larger injectors, the only reason I don't know this is because I bought the truck a week ago with 211000 on the dash,
not bad injectors, read it with my dads crappy hypertech before purchasing anything, and it said code 091, return to stock;
took the truck to a local efi live guy, he was able to return it to stock, and installed a basic dsp5, containing stock, mileage, heavy tow with brake, street and performance(100 horse)
the truck definatly had a douche tune (smoke tune), I couldn't hear the turbo spool when I first got the truck, but after the tuning I can tell it is performing up to par, yet the truck still hazes smoke under basic acceleration. which led the tuner to believe that when the injectors were replaced they stuck larger ones in, my guess would be a streetable 100 horse over, judging there has been no other modifications that I can find.

so here is my question, how noticeable would the difference between the mileage and heavy tow with brake tune be vs. the 100horse tune??
I know I wont hear the engine brake, but will it only be in effect in tow haul mode or all the time on that tune no matter the mode the transmission is in?
he said that the dsp5 wasn't reading on the truck after the initial test drive, but my kids were cranky and it was running better, way better than it was. I got 23 mpg for 60 miles on the way home, in both 55mph backroads of Missouri and on the highway cruising at 70.
I just got the tunes put on yesterday, but id like to try to bump up the boost level across the rpm range safely, increase the transmission pressure as high as possible just with tuning, keep my stock shift points, yet increase shift firmness according to the tune, but most importantly make sure the dsp5 is working and fix it,
I know the tuning and tweeking would take time, but what about making the trans pressure higher and double checking the dsp5?? he and I both have kids, and I don't want to be a bother, but id like to get it tweeked for max mpg and performance as quickly as possible.
how would I "test the dsp5 without the tuner, to confirm that it isn't just the bigger injectors that are causing the hard to define differences in the tunes???