Hello fellow enthusiasts/ tuners,

We are a automotive business in Bathurst, Australia and this is our first EFI Live tune.

This car is not stock, which adds to the complexity and I would like your input on some issues we have encountered.

The car is an HSV VE Senator with an LS2 engine. This engine has full exhaust, extractors, cams (don’t know the specs) and a cold air intake.

I’ve managed to plug into the ecu, clear codes, do some dataloging and download the base file that was on the ECU.

I would like to ask for your help on the following issues:
1 – Is the file attached a stock LS2 file?HSV SENATOR LS2 MAFLESS BASE TUNE.ctz
2 – The car seems to have lost the MAF sensor and the IAT sensor along with it – we are having two error codes from that and they are nowhere on the engine
o Is this an issue? The car seems to drive fine apart from being substantially lean on idle, causing it unstable idle.
o Should We do something on the tune to say that the car is only running off the MAP sensor?
o Should we install/connect an IAT sensor to the car? Currently the sensor is reading -40C which might me interfering with fueling and ignition
3 – The throttle position with the throttle closed is currently around 22%. Is this normal?
4 – We tried to do a baseline run on the dyno using third gear but have run into a sort of ignition cut along the way around 4000 rpm. This didn’t happen on the street
5 – We are having an ABS sensor error. Can the EFI Live do something about this?
6 – If I wish to make some tuning changes like putting more fuel on the idle sites, should I do full flash or only cal flash?

Kind Regards,
Paulo @ RPE