Thread: E92 retrofit questions...

Default E92 retrofit questions...

Can someone tell me if the firing order is able to be modified? (not a deal breaker if not, but it would make things easier) Also, can the E92 drive standard injectors in lieu of direct injection?

The idea here is to swap to an E92 on an engine I convert to 58x so I can also use an 8L90... Of course there are aftermarket options to control 8 forward speeds in an automatic, but the factory GM option will be nearly plug and play. Stock trans tune from a 15 silverado should be nearly perfect for the size and weight of my truck. Not to mention the superior availability and durability of factory controllers.

2013 1SS/1LE Blue Ray Metallic Camaro - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban - Roller cam'd high compression 454ci BBC tow monster
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc ModVP

Will the new T87 8-speed controller not communicate with an older E38 or E67?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Will the new T87 8-speed controller not communicate with an older E38 or E67?
    Good question, if it worked with an E67 I would be much more comfortable.

1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

E92 won't work with standard injectors (I have no actual proof of that, but I can't see how it could).
    The T87 should actually work with the later normal non DI controllers, as late as you can get the better as the CAN messages should match the platform pretty close.
    Mind you if you do this and it doesn't work you will be in a world of trouble, configuring CAN messages is a GM engineering dept only task.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    E92 won't work with standard injectors (I have no actual proof of that, but I can't see how it could).
    The T87 should actually work with the later normal non DI controllers, as late as you can get the better as the CAN messages should match the platform pretty close.
    Mind you if you do this and it doesn't work you will be in a world of trouble, configuring CAN messages is a GM engineering dept only task.
    Thats what I was afraid of on both counts.

I may just need to go aftermarket, the info is out there to do it relatively clean and tight... Maybe in a few years this will be figured out a bit better and I can swap to the factory stuff then.

Well having been down this path a few times with people getting the CAN bus messages lined up correctly between model years is too much of a mess, in fact I won't even attempt it now because we never seemed to get it 100%.
    Try PCS, I think their controller can do the 8 speed.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.