Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Rail Pressure Issue

Default Fuel Rail Pressure Issue

Hey guys having a weird problem. Upgraded to 60hp injectors and I had this happen 2 different times on me now. What is happening is that when I push the clutch in the rail pressure drops like a rock to 5k or lower. Sometimes enough to stall the truck. I have change the duty cycle tables a little bit but nothing crazy. Any idea on what could be causing this. On my other tunes when I was dumping way to much fuel it worked fine and never did this. I data logged on my way to work so Im hoping I got the problem.

Note I dont think im maxing out my pump because i have FPA vs FPD is pretty much spot on but sometimes I noticed my FPA is more then my FPD.

Thanks
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

Does this happen after a hard pull?
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Yes. the times the FPA vs FPD is different is after i let off the throttle. and when i let my foot off the clutch and it fp falls to 5k can be anytime. its also not very stable at idle it seems. Ill double check when I get in the truck after work but I noticed it when i was almost at work today.
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

What kind of delta and for how long are you seeing FPA higher than FPD when you lift off the throttle? It is normal for FPA to be higher than FPD for a short period when you lift, especially if you are hard into it and lift completely.
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Quote Originally Posted by KhakiCummins View Post
    What kind of delta and for how long are you seeing FPA higher than FPD when you lift off the throttle? It is normal for FPA to be higher than FPD for a short period when you lift, especially if you are hard into it and lift completely.
    Not very long I cant remember 100% from last night but it was pretty short. When I get home I can check my logs and give you the correct time.

Post the log, that'll be easier
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

Here is the log file. I guess this has to do with the base duty cycle because I have one tune in the csp with stock base duty and it works good.
    CMB_0072.efi

Note its also the same duty cycle as my one other tune and I ran that for weeks the way it was no problem.

Duty Cycle at stumble and shutoff is lower than stock by quite a bit...I see -5% all the way to -15%...thats not calling for any FCA function....hence the stalling.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

How can 2 different tunes one that has higher pw and timing, has pilot and post timing not do the same thing to a tune that i cut post and drop pilot in the higher rpm range and less pw do this though. Just confusing thought running less would help. Plus trying to make a smokeless tune.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast