Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with April 13, 2015 Public Release

Lifetime Member

in E92, OS 12663390, the SIDI Injection timing units appear to be incorrect (ie table B1531 shows degrees, but an input range of 0-512 is shown)

Also, and I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, how long till BB logging of E92 is supported? My laptop battery life is terrible.....
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    in E92, OS 12663390, the SIDI Injection timing units appear to be incorrect (ie table B1531 shows degrees, but an input range of 0-512 is shown)

Also, and I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, how long till BB logging of E92 is supported? My laptop battery life is terrible.....
    The E92 calibrations are scheduled to be updated in the next auto-update. We hope that will be within the next couple of weeks.
    The E92 has supported BB logging for a long time now.

To add BB logging support for a controller, you need to add it to the blue section of the [F5: BBx]->[F2: Scan] tab page. To do that, click on the green (+) button, then right click on the left-hand grey box and select E92.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AddE92.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	18247

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Just updated to the new S/W and quickly discovered a PIA issue. In the update (apparently) file properties are automatically set to lock a file to one's V2. I can see where that would be important to a professional. It is not to me as I share files with others. This led to frustration for folks I was trying to help and to me while trying to figure out what went wrong. One has to change properties to allow sharing. It would have been nice to be asked about security properties during the S/W update installation process.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow05C6 View Post
    Just updated to the new S/W and quickly discovered a PIA issue. In the update (apparently) file properties are automatically set to lock a file to one's V2. I can see where that would be important to a professional. It is not to me as I share files with others. This led to frustration for folks I was trying to help and to me while trying to figure out what went wrong. One has to change properties to allow sharing. It would have been nice to be asked about security properties during the S/W update installation process.
    Please read the release notes: http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_275.html

IMPORTANT

Your security restriction options on the [Permissions] tab page in the V7.5 Tune Tool software may change during the upgrade to this version of the V7.5 software. Please review those security restriction options and reconfigure them according to your preference.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Thanks Paul! I completely missed the that info!
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

After updating to this April 13th, 2015 release I had a error again, this time I remembered most of it -- opened V8 software (Scan and Tune), a pop-up window informed that firmware was outdated, updated firmware got green okay, after pop-up window closed I clicked the "check firmware" balloon button within the Scan and Tune window, a pop-up window opened again, firmware indicated still okay but was prompted that there were errors in some config files, indicated by red check marks beside several of them (configuration files), nice this happens now, would be nice to see an automatic check of config files after a firmware update seeing that wrong config files can cause a no flash problem, or is there one, automatic config file check? Config files were rewritten and all were green.

Have looked for fuses that were indicated to be a problem in the P12 flash and read, none resemble the ones mentioned in the Support answer.
    Am I going to get a nasty surprise tomorrow when I try and do a cal flash? Like a none supported controller error.

I rebuilt (as in took the trans out of vehicle, tore it apart, cleaned, used rebuild kit to reassemble) the 4L60E in the TB and needed to lower line pressure from an earlier tune, with the new bands and Transgo shift kit I don't need the pressure up any longer.

I noticed in the "Supported Vehicle" list TB says 08-09 only now.
    Last edited by Chevy366; April 17th, 2015 at 08:58 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Have looked for fuses that were indicated to be a problem in the P12 flash and read, none resemble the ones mentioned in the Support answer.
    What does that mean? You couldn't find any of the ones people suggested?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    What does that mean? You couldn't find any of the ones people suggested?
    I don't know, was the Support answer posted here? I didn't think I posted it here. Then I guess not.

Help me out I am stupid and can't find the answer.

AASQGASA
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Some suggestions were posted to your post in the RC1 thread -
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...didate-1/page5

Specifically post 46 which has some links to posts suggestion specific fuses.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    I don't know, was the Support answer posted here? I didn't think I posted it here. Then I guess not.

Help me out I am stupid and can't find the answer.

AASQGASA
    So how did it read/ flash after you pulled the fuse? What fuse fixed your read/flash problem?
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast