Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with April 13, 2015 Public Release

Lifetime Member

not sure if this should be here or elsewhere..

was logging my e92, pid GM.AFM, and it is not selectable to plot in a chart or cannot be used in a filter in the current v7.5 scan tool. It did display properly on the flashscan while I was logging.

edit: I attached one of the logs that has the pid logged
    E92_0129.efi
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    not sure if this should be here or elsewhere..

was logging my e92, pid GM.AFM, and it is not selectable to plot in a chart or cannot be used in a filter in the current v7.5 scan tool. It did display properly on the flashscan while I was logging.

edit: I attached one of the logs that has the pid logged
    E92_0129.efi
    V7 scan tool does not support chart display for PIDs that contain sub-PIDs.
    V8 scan tool does.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Well tried a calibration flash on the P12 controller, first I used the V2 it rendered the controller inoperable ("dead poll mode" V2 device can still see the controller but no readable OS is present waiting to be flashed) with error $0281, and the truck would not start. So I tried the V8 software Scan and Tune, opened the tune in V8 Scan and Tune and was connected to the OBDII port for pass trough flashing (V2 attached to computer through USB and then V2 to OBDII port), would get a $0101 error (I think the error codes were remembered correctly). I then saw that if you opened the tune through V8 Scan and Tune, "edit", you can access the old flash segment in the tune window, tired that in pass through mode and it did complete the calibration flash and truck started.
    As for the fuses, all were back in place after the failed V2 calibration flash, so I guess if the controller is in "dead poll" mode the data can bus is not a factor, so will never know which fuses are the ones to take out for a successful read or flash, the mystery continues.

Oh there is no fuse for the EBCM which was pointed out as the likely cause for the failed read in the Support response. Just so people will know I am not a complete idiot.

Copied from Support response:

EBCM first

Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)

Body Control Module (BCM) or Dash
    Integration Module (DIM)

Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)

Radio
    (RAD)

Digital Radio Receiver (DRR)

Mobile Communication System
    (Onstar)

HVAC Control Module

Driver Door Module (DDM)

Front
    Passenger Door Module (FPDM)

If anyone finds the EBCM fuse please tell me where it is so I may mark it (looked through owners manual and fuse layout and no such thing exist in either fuse box).
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Oh there is no fuse for the EBCM which was pointed out as the likely cause for the failed read in the Support response. Just so people will know I am not a complete idiot. .
    No fuse for the ABS module??? Of course theres a fuse for the ABS module....

underhood fuse box, pull the two fuses marked VSES and ABS.

Or, alternatively you can also try pulling the "brake" fuse in the rear fuse block. That will just cut ignition power trigger for the ABS module, keeping it in "sleep" mode.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

To read and write to the P12 (Atlas) in a Hummer, you have to remove the BCM and radio fuse - works every time.
    If you have tried to write without the fuses removed, there is a good chance the car will not start. Remove the fuses and do a FULL flash and the car will then start.
    2011 VE SSV 419 + CAM + Whipple 2.9FF SC + PPV front struts + Bilstein rear shocks + 6L90E with single piece carbon fiber prop

Anyone else getting access violation errors when using V8 after the new software update? I cannot click on any of the Tune, BBX or any other buttons... It pops up with this error...
    "Access error at address 595AC033 in module 'EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe'.Read of address 595AC033"

It seemed to work fine until I data logged some changes I made to my LMM. Now I'm stuck with a tune I don't want to be running and cannot change it back. Cant Cal-Flash!! Please Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    No fuse for the ABS module??? Of course theres a fuse for the ABS module....

underhood fuse box, pull the two fuses marked VSES and ABS.

Or, alternatively you can also try pulling the "brake" fuse in the rear fuse block. That will just cut ignition power trigger for the ABS module, keeping it in "sleep" mode.
    You know I pulled the ABS fuse and a few others that were labeled with anything "brake" in hopes they were related to the EBCM.
    But as you may have read, the failed flash did not have a problem with the fuses since it was in "dead poll" mode.
    Had I not been so blind with rage I would have done a Google search and saw EBCM is in fact part of the ABS system and deduced that.
    Laziness on my part, I blame GM.

Quote Originally Posted by izaks View Post
    To read and write to the P12 (Atlas) in a Hummer, you have to remove the BCM and radio fuse - works every time.
    If you have tried to write without the fuses removed, there is a good chance the car will not start. Remove the fuses and do a FULL flash and the car will then start.
    Thanks for that info.
    Maybe someone can include that into a warning before reading or flashing a P12 in EFILive.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

done a Google search and saw EBCM is in fact part of the ABS system and deduced that.
    Laziness on my part, I blame GM. .
    The EBCM "is" the ABS....

EBCM...Electronic Brake Control Module.....also known as the "ABS module".

Technically the "ABS module" is comprised of two parts, the EBCM...and the EHCU (electro-hydraulic control unit)...the EBCM being the brains/control, and the EHCU being the part with the actual valves, actuators, and plumbing.

The EHCU is somethings also called the BPMV, brake pressure modulator valve....same thing, just two different names.

VSES is "vehicle stability enhancement system"....GM's technical term for electronic stability control....stabilitrak.

VSES is all integrated into the ABS module obviously, its all the same system. Which is why you have to pull both the ABS, and VSES fuses. If you didnt remove the VSES fuse, but removed the ABS fuse, you probably only killed half of the power going to the ABS module.

Clear as mud?
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    The EBCM "is" the ABS....

EBCM...Electronic Brake Control Module.....also known as the "ABS module".

Technically the "ABS module" is comprised of two parts, the EBCM...and the EHCU (electro-hydraulic control unit)...the EBCM being the brains/control, and the EHCU being the part with the actual valves, actuators, and plumbing.

The EHCU is somethings also called the BPMV, brake pressure modulator valve....same thing, just two different names.

VSES is "vehicle stability enhancement system"....GM's technical term for electronic stability control....stabilitrak.

VSES is all integrated into the ABS module obviously, its all the same system. Which is why you have to pull both the ABS, and VSES fuses. If you didnt remove the VSES fuse, but removed the ABS fuse, you probably only killed half of the power going to the ABS module.

Clear as mud?
    Funny all the dirt I came up with says the ABS fuse does not disable the EBCM, nor will the Stabilitrak or both, the EBCM controls the ABS, TCS or ST and the other things as you alluded to.
    You made me read about the EBCM now and I did not want to have to do that.
    So even thought you say the ABS is the EBCM in fact it is not. EBCM controls the ABS, the EBCM is the ABS controller, disable the EBCM and it kills the ABS and Traction Control or Stabilitrak, removing the the ABS fuse/TCS,ST does not stop the EBCM, unplugging the EBCM does.
    2006 Trailblazer

So even thought you say the ABS is the EBCM in fact it is not
    Uh. Yes it is....

The EBCM is another name for "the ABS module". Why is this so hard to understand?

EBCM controls the ABS, the EBCM is the ABS controller, disable the EBCM and it kills the ABS and Traction Control or Stabilitrak, removing the the ABS fuse/TCS,ST does not stop the EBCM, unplugging the EBCM does.
    Then you arent pulling the proper fuses.................

I suggested to pull the underhood fuse marked "ABS", the underhood fuse marked "VSES", and the fuse marked "BRAKES". There is NO OTHER POWER SOURCE that goes to the EBCM, other than those 3 fuses.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast