Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMM timing

Default LMM timing

Have a few questions on the LMM is the mode 0,1,2,3,4,5 and 6 basically normal then regen modes and emmisions? And how are you guys doing the timing table i have done them in excell but wandering what you guys are doing for this now? thank you

posted in april with not one ****** reply you guys rock.

Edited - profanity is not tolerated on this site. If you need to ask for help, ask. If you need to swear, find somewhere else to do it.
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; August 2nd, 2015 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Removed profanity

. IMO keep it simple concentrate on mode 0.
    Last edited by Road; August 2nd, 2015 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Each mode needs to be tune independently. It's all about logging and making changes to each mode to figure out what things are doing. The one's that have done there homework are not sharing there success so other tuners can profit from it like in the past. IMO keep it simple concentrate on mode 0.
    Thank you for info man I seen where mode 0 was normal the rest went into emissions! Don't see why if your disabling all that you couldn't just make them the same to some degree if the logic is there!

Lifetime Member

I've edited your post. Profanity will not be tolerated on this site.

Asking for assistance in a polite manner will 9 times out of 10 get you much further than taking the tact you did.

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    The one's that have done there homework are not sharing there success so other tuners can profit from it like in the past. IMO keep it simple concentrate on mode 0.
    It's not about sharing or not wanting to share - the mind set today is no different to what it was when we first released LB7 and LLY tuning software. The difference today is the number of possible combinations to determine the cause and effect. In the past, every combination could be tested in a very short time frame, and you could determine your own result. The current level of complexity requires significantly greater testing time, tuners know that not everyone will have the desire or patience to test and that's where they create a competitive advantage.

Cheers
    Cindy

still...guys like me who arent looking to profit from it want help...and it's hard to find....

agreed ^^

Cindy is right on this one though. Sure you are just looking for help, I can understand that, but you cant expect us to just hand you the answer on a silver platter. Some things we will throw hints at, yeah..... I started from the same seat that you all are in... It took over 2 years of pure 110% dedication to learning and figuring things out and now I can tear the lmls apart from the inside out. It just comes down to your determination. How bad do you want to figure it out? No one just hands over the manual saying, Hey, this is how everything works. This is how the ECM calculates things. Here is how it thinks.... You just aren't looking hard enough. All the information you need is out there.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Cindy is right on this one though. Sure you are just looking for help, I can understand that, but you cant expect us to just hand you the answer on a silver platter. Some things we will throw hints at, yeah..... I started from the same seat that you all are in... It took over 2 years of pure 110% dedication to learning and figuring things out and now I can tear the lmls apart from the inside out. It just comes down to your determination. How bad do you want to figure it out? No one just hands over the manual saying, Hey, this is how everything works. This is how the ECM calculates things. Here is how it thinks.... You just aren't looking hard enough. All the information you need is out there.
    I wasn't asking hold my hand and teach me how to tune! I personally was asking the different modes as the truck will change form mode to mode depending on different inputs. As far as building boost tables and timing tables and injection duration and TQ tables and clips that are hidden everywhere that can limit your fuel or timing or even boost no I don't want help on that! I assure we build and tune as many diesels out of our shop pound for pound with anybody but fords is our bread and butter and Chevy is different in some of there logic! One of the biggest problems I have seen in the tuning world is most 99 percent of the tuners that can tune try and make it out like its some magic that happens in tuning the truck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast