Thread: cruise control P0571

Default cruise control P0571

Had a quick question regarding cruise control in a custom vehicle swap (standalone).

I know that the ECM (im using LB7/LLY Duramax ECM's) runs diagnostics on the tcc/brake pedal switch to make sure its working properly....IE, a certain number of acceleration and deceleration events has to occur with the TCC/brake switch transitioning appropriately, otherwise the ECM considers the brake switch failed and disables cruise control.

Sometimes its a little more difficult to fit in a "double pole" brake pedal switch (one n/o switch for brake lights, one n/c switch for tcc/brake) in a swap vehicle.

Now, safety issues aside, if one were to disable/not report P0571, would that effectively allow cruise control to keep working with only a brake light signal input? (no tcc/brake input)

Or are there more advanced diagnostics on cruise control "behind the scenes"??

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Not sure if this will help at all Ben, but in my experience disabling the DTC does not shut off any sort of back end diagnostics it simply tells the ECM not to worry about setting the code if something is not right. However until it's tested it is just a guess, but I would be inclined to think that nothing would change. However maybe someone on here has done that and can confirm.