Thread: 98 to 99+ Fbody Fuel gage?

Default 98 to 99+ Fbody Fuel gage?

Does anybody know how / what kind of signal is on the serial data bus coming from the sending unit in the newer gas tanks? Correct me if I am wrong but, I have been led to believe that on the 98s the sending unit is essentially a variable resistor attached to the float that the pcm directly reads as 90 Ohms when full and 0 when empty, whereas the 99+ is 270 ohms when full and 33 ohms when empty via the serial bus.

Long story short this is the last piece in my 98 to 99+ pcm liberation project. I have acquired the pcm, dash gage and done the wire transfer on paper. Note out of the 160 pins on the blue and red connectors 2 are essentially the same, 6 blanks are shared but essentially it will be a 150 wire swap at the pcm connector alone.

I am willing to share the pinout and will post a further review as soon as the project is done.

If I cannot do anything on the software end Ok, I have a 99+ tank I have been looking at.

I have to take a trip to El Salvador next week so I am not in a hurry. I'd like to start the project on the 20th of May.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ps. Yes, it is the darn Moates controller that is spawning all of this... I want to run a custom OS on the 98 and finally play with that thing on my car and not just everybody else's for a change.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

I am sorry I don't know the answer for your questions, but, I bet you will be able to offload a bunch of these when they are working.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.