Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deletes

From what I've gathered fleece is the only option for full deletes/tuning for 10-15 cummins.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Beaman91 View Post
    From what I've gathered fleece is the only option for full deletes/tuning for 10-15 cummins.
    That is 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mpdtune View Post
    That is 100% wrong.

That a vague response, please share why I'm 100% wrong

I'm focused on deleting the TIPM, EGR, DPF, and variable turbo. I'm swapping the 6.7 into an older dodge and would rather not do the cm849 swap.
    Last edited by C_Beaman91; May 31st, 2015 at 02:43 AM.

Lifetime Member

I think his reply pretty well says it..

A simple search on your favorite search engine for 2010+ cummins tuning will net you quite a few options at the point in time... To say Fleece is the only one, well, is 100% wrong.

I understand there's options, but I'm looking to turn off certain things that most of those other tuners can't. I should probably call around to verify what can and can't be done.

I have a 2012 engine, harness, and tipm sitting on a pallet, I don't have a vin# and it won't run now. My situation and needs are a lot different than most just trying to add some power to their 4th gen ram

I think you'll find the CM849B is a better deal for conversions, particularly when we can fully fuel them to well past 5,000 RPM and most of that stuff you want to remove didn't exist on them anyway. The increasing complexity and processing power of the later ECM's was simply to be able to handle the additional requirements of the ever expanding emissions equipment fitted. However what I don't know is if the CM849 will run the 2012 engine without hardware changes.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That's the route I'll be going, I've heard great things about the cm849. I thank you for the advice, and a 5.9 injector swap will follow the cm849 controller. I have heard the cm849 will operate 6.7 injectors fine but that's a whole other level of questions I'd rather not debate. Thanks guys.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Beaman91 View Post
    That's the route I'll be going, I've heard great things about the cm849. I thank you for the advice, and a 5.9 injector swap will follow the cm849 controller. I have heard the cm849 will operate 6.7 injectors fine but that's a whole other level of questions I'd rather not debate. Thanks guys.
    I have read that 6.7 bodies, 5.9 solenoids, and whichever nozzle you chose will net great flow characteristics... Food for thought since you already have the 6.7 injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I think you'll find the CM849B is a better deal for conversions, particularly when we can fully fuel them to well past 5,000 RPM and most of that stuff you want to remove didn't exist on them anyway. The increasing complexity and processing power of the later ECM's was simply to be able to handle the additional requirements of the ever expanding emissions equipment fitted. However what I don't know is if the CM849 will run the 2012 engine without hardware changes.
    I did a Fummins swap a few months ago using a 2013 motor with an 08 6.7 ECM. Wiring harness from Destroked. Works like a champ.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up. When I'm in the market for upgraded injectors I'll ask what the builder thinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast