Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Calculated pids

Is it possible to log for CALC.CADEG in E38 ? (crank angle degrees injector open)
    I added the pid but it's looking for GM MAINBPW which reports invalid ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calcpid injector.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	22171  
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    ATI damper, LS9 twin plate clutch, 548rwhp. twin PLX widebands to twin gauges.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.
    628rwhp.....with a lot of tuner help

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

For E38, try using INJPWB1 and INJPWB2 instead.
    You could also re-validate PIDs while connected to the E38 to make sure those two PIDs are supported.

Reagrds
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

CALC.CADEG and GM.MAINBPW are for the GM diesel controllers, not for the GM gasoline controllers.

BTW:

Paul mentioned GM.INJPWB1/2, these are the injector pulsewidth pids for E38 (and every non-LS1A non-LS1B gasoline controller)..
    in the attached calc pids file, you will find injector duty cycle pids for based on GM.INJPWB1/2.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Paul and Joe,
    I created a calcpid by copying the function from CADEG to RABCADEG and replaced GM.MAINBPW with GM.INJPWB1.
    Seemed to validate ok and appears in the list of pids when monitoring live data with the V8.
    However no actual data shows up. Admittedly I fumbled this far, thought I'd loaded the pid list to the v2 for bbx logging,
    but it does not show up......so quite lost now.
    I just want to datalog injector timing, is this possible with E38 ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	22176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	22177  
    UK spec 2009 HSV VXR8 6.2 LS3, E38, HeartBeat Supercharger running ~9psi,1 7/8" long tubes, cat back exhaust.
    Upgraded cam and springs of unknown specification, all I know is, it's a small cam with no overlap, suits the s/c.
    Currently running dismal HPTuners....NOW DUMPED !, Completed migration to EFIlive and slowly mapping it in.

That calculation is not correct (it produces a very small number).

Ok can see some numbers now if I reduce the large divider number, but don't understand how that relates to injector timing ...
    so back to my question, is it possible to datalog injector timing for a E38 os1264402 ?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    That calculation is not correct (it produces a very small number).
    That calculation is not for gasoline ECM's.

See this post above:
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    BTW:

Paul mentioned GM.INJPWB1/2, these are the injector pulsewidth pids for E38 (and every non-LS1A non-LS1B gasoline controller)..
    in the attached calc pids file, you will find injector duty cycle pids based on GM.INJPWB1/2.

calc_pids.txt
    Gasoline ECM's provide pids for injector pulsewidth (from which the duty cycle can be calculated);

there is no pid (that I can figure out) for crank angle position related to injector timing for gasoline ECM's.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234