Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calculated pids

Yes, save it to replace/overwrite your current file.

The calc pid CALC.CADEG is already pre-defined in the V7 scantool... on the PIDs tab click on the column heading "Parameter" (the last column on the right) to sort on that column, then scroll down until you see CALC.CADEG, on this pid do rightclick->More Info, look at the defined expression, does it match your V8 calc pid for CADEGLBZ...?

If it is different then post a screenshot of how you have it defined in V8, and I'll add it to your V7 calc_pid.txt file.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Yes, save it to replace/overwrite your current file.

The calc pid CALC.CADEG is already pre-defined in the V7 scantool... on the PIDs tab click on the column heading "Parameter" (the last column on the right) to sort on that column, then scroll down until you see CALC.CADEG, on this pid do rightclick->More Info, look at the defined expression, does it match your V8 calc pid for CADEGLBZ...?

If it is different then post a screenshot of how you have it defined in V8, and I'll add it to your V7 calc_pid.txt file.
    Thanks! Yes it is different. It uses a different pid to calculate from than the other one. I will get you that pic tomorrow at some point. Appreciate you taking your time to help me

Well those 2 work. The other one I am uploading a pic of the code. I tried and failed to write the code where I thought it would work. I wouldn't recognize °, or degrees, degree as a Unit of measure.

calc_pids.txt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cal pid.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	18308

Also, just curious. What happens if the logged data goes over the "high" in the pid txt. file? I just put a 30 in there for a safeish number

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x MadMAX DIESEL View Post
    Also, just curious. What happens if the logged data goes over the "high" in the pid txt. file? I just put a 30 in there for a safeish number
    Nothing, those min/max values are only used when you add a PID to a gauge or a chart so the gauge/chart know what default min/max values to put on the scale.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Nothing, those min/max values are only used when you add a PID to a gauge or a chart so the gauge/chart know what default min/max values to put on the scale.

Regards
    Paul
    Okay just as long as nothing will stop reading past the high or lower. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by x MadMAX DIESEL View Post
    Well those 2 work. The other one I am uploading a pic of the code. I tried and failed to write the code where I thought it would work. I wouldn't recognize °, or degrees, degree as a Unit of measure.

calc_pids.txt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cal pid.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	18308
    In V7 scantool, the units you want are "deg" or "CAdeg".

Regarding min and max in the calc_pids.txt: like Paul said, the Chart/Guage uses those as the min/max tick marks... adjust them to get the waveform/needle close to the middle of the chart/gauge.

Try the attached calc_pids.txt.

( I did not check, but is GM.MAIN1T_DMA with units us (microseconds) valid in V7 scantool...? Probably is. )
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Try the attached calc_pids.txt.

( I did not check, but is GM.MAIN1T_DMA with units us (microseconds) valid in V7 scantool...? Probably is. )
    Yes, it is. I dont seem to be able to view it still though. (no error messages atleast. I guess maybe I need to log a new one and check again after that cal text doc has been saved?

Nevermind. Got it working thanks !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast