Thread: HELP with V2

Default HELP with V2

I was having a problem with v2 being recognized by software after latest updates. Searched forums and thought I was doing boot block firmware updates any way I have flashing yellow light v2 and can not do anything now. This is my firmware 2.04.60. when I checked it. Need help as soon as posible.

Thanks
    Tom

Do the two yellow LEDs flash in alternation on your V2...?

If so then the V2 is in dead poll mode, it is waiting for you to flash in firmware.

But since your V2 firmware is version 2.04.xx please read this first (attached)... DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL YOU'VE READ THAT.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK so before I go any further I just want to verify I am ok at this point. On my intial try of getting any update I was unable to get V2 into dead poll mode by pluging usb in while holding control key down. I went to boot block update on flash scan and hit update that is when it went into dead poll mode. I am not sure of firmware version prior to this but anyway I plugged back in and went to Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Explorer and checked boot block version it was 2.05.04 I then did firmware upgrade to 2.05.14 a screen came up asking about license I hit ok and response upgrade completed successful. Flashscan now boots up I just do not know if it had the 2.04.71 firmware upgrade done prior to this. So I am making sure I am ok now to go forward or what.

Thanks for all the help
    Tom

So your V2's current firmware is 2.05.14 and bootblock is 2.05.04, and it boots up ok...?

If so, you still have more to do:

Install the latest V7 and V8 software from here: efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

and then (from the upgrade document):

B If FlashScan has boot block V2.05.04, please perform these steps:
    1. Program firmware V2.05.14 (unless V2.05.14 is already installed in your FlashScan).
    2. Program boot block V2.07.xx.
    3. Program the highest version number firmware file from the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware

Re-read the upgrade document to make sure of your next steps.
    Last edited by joecar; April 26th, 2015 at 01:33 PM.