Thread: Error $0312 and VIN:00000000

Default Error $0312 and VIN:00000000

Hi All,

I recently added a dsp5 tune to my '08 Cummins. I was having issues with the truck, so I loaded my original stock tune back in to do some troubleshooting. Today I went to reload the dsp5 tune and I'm getting error code $0312 and when the VIN, Serial, etc pops up it is showing all zeros. Right now the truck will do nothing.

If anybody has any insight I would very much appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaCab View Post
    Hi All,

I recently added a dsp5 tune to my '08 Cummins. I was having issues with the truck, so I loaded my original stock tune back in to do some troubleshooting. Today I went to reload the dsp5 tune and I'm getting error code $0312 and when the VIN, Serial, etc pops up it is showing all zeros. Right now the truck will do nothing.

If anybody has any insight I would very much appreciate it.
    Did you find a solution mine is doing pretty much the same thing today.

I called Anarchy Diesel since I bought from them. They suggested updating my software and firmware. Once I did, I was able to download tunes again and it has been working fine ever since.

If everything gets 0'd out its a sign of a failed flash. You should be able to flash in a clean unlocked stock file to restore the truck then install whatever tunes you purchased and they should go in with no issues.

It was a failed flash, during the flash for some dumb reason I switched the CSP5 switch from 3 to 1 causing the flash to fail. I tried downloading the same tune, stock tune, boot lock patch tune, with V2 and pass through with V8 software. It would either come back with 0312 code or 0333 code. Finally unplugged the CSP5 pass through cable, plugged the V2 straight into the OBD2 port. It flashed the stock tune file no issues. Plugged the pass through cable back and flashed purchased tune with V2 no issue. Lesson learned for me, don't touch the CSP5 switch while flashing!!!!! LOL

As a rule of thumb I unplug the csp just to save headaches. Sometimes it works and other times it will fail.

Ditto! Always best not to flash via the pass-through CSP5 switch. Unplug it and connect directly to the OBD II port when flashing.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package