Thread: creating a tune for remote flashing that unlocks an e54 with a stock os

Default creating a tune for remote flashing that unlocks an e54 with a stock os

How do i create a file to unlock an ecm after full flashing the stock file back into the controller with a full flash. I want this to be a tune file I can email to someone else with a v2 that will unlock with my key and leave the controller unlckocked. I need to unlock an ecm that I locked with my v2. I have searched around but may not be using the correct terminology for this. Is there a section or thread on this I am missing? thanks for any help.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

There are three ways to lock an E54 controller:

1. You enter a key in the V7 Tune Tool software locking window.
    2. You allow FlashScan to auto-generate a key in the V7 Tune Tool software locking window.
    3. You (or your customer) flashed a file that has been tagged with the "Auto-Lock" option.

If you used option 1, then the controller can only be unlocked using that same method. I.e. the truck needs to be connected and you need to enter in the same key that you used to lock it into the V7 Tune Tool locking option.
    If you used option 2, then the controller can only be unlocked using that same method. I.e. the truck needs to be connected and you need to allow the V7 Tune Tool locking to unlock the controller with the original key that was auto-generated when the controller was being locked.
    If you used option 3 (the recommended option), then you can just send a file that is not tagged with the "Auto-Lock" option and aftger your customer flashes that file into his truck the truck will be unlocked.

In other news, to make it easier to manage remote vehicles that were locked using options 1 or 2, we are working on a feature that allows you to tag a file with a new option called "Unlock the target controller using key XXXX" which would encrypt and store your key in the *.ctz tune file. When that file is flashed into the target vehicle the target vehicle is automatically unlocked using that key. However, that feature won't be available for a few months yet.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I understand now how it works. Thank you very much for the explanation