Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Known issues with May 01, 2015 Public Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with May 01, 2015 Public Release

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the May 01, 2015 Public Release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

Download the public release software here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

• Software: V7.5.7.282
    • Software: V8.2.2.276
    • FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.82

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    EFILive V7 pass-thru data logging does not record external PIDs correctly (i.e. PIDs used by wideband, dyno and third party data loggers).
    Workaround:
    Update your V7 software (to V7.5.7.283) using the option: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Check For Updates.

Issue 3:
    After successfully performing the "Check For Updates" option to update the installed software. Running the "Check For Updates" option again continues to report that "There is a newer version..." even though the software is up to date.
    Workaround:
    Resolved. Perform one more "Check For Update" to update the version numbers correctly.

Issue 4:
    After stopping playback in the V8 scan tool the software incorrectly attempts to connect to the vehicle via FlashScan or AutoCal - even when FlashScan or AutoCal is not connected.
    Workaround:
    None. Will be fixed in the next update, scheduled for June 03, 2015.

Issue 5:
    After a failed LML flash, recovery may not be successful and may fail with $0322 error.
    Workaround:
    Download the attached E86.zip file. Unzip the contents into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config. Overwrite the existing files. Retry the flash recovery.

Issue 6:
    After a full-flash of an LS1B or E54 (LB7) controller, subsequent flashes may fail with the $0333 "Security Access Denied" error. The Seed and Key have incorreectly been set to $0000 and $0000 by the EFILive full-flash procedure.
    Workaround:
    An update to correct the fault will be made available ASAP (hopefully in the next 24-48 hours)
    Until then, when using the V8 pass-thru software to read or flash a controller, check both the "Try Alt Keys" and "Assume Lock May be Faulty" checkboxes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; June 3rd, 2015 at 03:51 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I have a very big problem
    The 7.5 sxan tool can not see the external serial wide band data
    I make sure every thing is connected well
    I can log the wide band data in the V2 sceen but the scan tool always show the external wide band data as 10 AFR even if its disconected

Looking forward to hear from you
    EFILive Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    I have a very big problem
    I make sure every thing is connected well
    I can log the wide band data in the V2 sceen but the scan tool always show the external wide band data as 10 AFR even if its disconected

Looking forward to hear from you
    The problem has been reproduced here at EFILive. A fix will be available asap.

Regards
    Paul

A patch has been issued and is now available using the option: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Check For Updates.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks a lot Paul
    I will test it and will let you know
    EFILive Tuner

Paul still has the same problem after installing the patch
    Also i noticed if i go to Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Check For Updates again it will show that there is a new update available
    Also i noticed if i save log file then open it again the WB readings will go from constant 10 AFR to 369 AFR !!!!
    Attached Log file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    EFILive Tuner

It is possible that the patch is not getting applied correctly on your setup. Try downloading the full install and installing it that way.
    http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

Regards
    Paul

Even after i installed the full version from the link when i try the auto update it will show that there is a new version to be installed
    Is this normal ?
    EFILive Tuner

Even after i installed the full version from the link when i try the auto update it will show that there is a new version to be installed
    Is this normal ?
    Previously I said try downloading the full-install. My mistake, there is no full-install for build 283. Build 283 can only be installed by installing build 282 (the current public release) and then doing a "Check For Updates" option.

Plus as you've discovered there is an issue with the installed version number not updating correctly during a patch update. That leads to the "Check For Updates" option always reporting that a new version exists, even when you have the most up to date software installed. The installed version number is stored in the file \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\AutoUpdate.ini. That file should get updated to 283 during the previous "Check For Updates" but it is being left at 282 which makes the AutoUpdate option always show that an update exists.

Meanwhile, when you run the EFILive V7 Scan Tool software, check the build number using the menu option: Help->About. If it shows 283 then you have the latest version installed (as of May 04 2015).

Regards
    Paul

Paul still has the same problem after installing the patch
    The "Check For Updates" patch should update your system correctly now.

If the patch still does not work correctly, you can download the full V7 build 283 install here:
    http://download.efilive.com/Software....283_Setup.exe

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast