Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Known issues with May 01, 2015 Public Release

Not sure if this is the spot to put this but I used my EFILive Saturday, already did the new update and while trying to start a 2001 stock dmax I was watching the pid "actual fuel pressure" and a few others while cranking with no issues. Last night I tried with both of my laptops, one windows xp and the other windows 8.1 and when I selected the yellow start monitoring button I get this message in the pic. It was fine Saturday and Wednesday night it did this on both pc's and on two different dmaxs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.JPG 
Views:	272 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	18347

Lifetime Member

Hate to tell you, that "Celeron" processor is based on the Atom architecture and not the Core architecture (Note the "N" prefix on the model #, i.e. super low power and not powerful). It might work ok in the Tune tool, but you might have framerate issues as simply the processor cannot keep up with the Scan tool. Ive only seen the V7.5 Scan tool utilize 1 thread/core (havent checked in a while) and I imagine it will overwhelm that Atom core in a heartbeat.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 68skylark455 View Post
    Not sure if this is the spot to put this but I used my EFILive Saturday, already did the new update and while trying to start a 2001 stock dmax I was watching the pid "actual fuel pressure" and a few others while cranking with no issues. Last night I tried with both of my laptops, one windows xp and the other windows 8.1 and when I selected the yellow start monitoring button I get this message in the pic. It was fine Saturday and Wednesday night it did this on both pc's and on two different dmaxs.
    The scan tool will autimatically "drop down" to generic scan mode if you select only about 1-3 PIDs. It is faster to log 1-3 PIDs in generic mode than in dynamic mode. However, the dmax can't log DMA PIDs in genreic mode. So try selecting anough PIDs to bump the channel count to more than 6. The channel count is shown at the bottom of the [PIDs (F8)] tab page.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Here is where the scan tool is waiting:

17:47:10.649|620|LoadListView (lvGrpSel) done
    17:47:23.444|620|FrameInit (frPID) Done
    17:47:31.913|620|Validate connection...
    17:47:31.920|620|Load customer details...
    17:47:31.998|620|Load MRU PID selection...
    17:47:32.004|620|OpenPid C:\Users\
    The 8 second delay between these two entries:
    17:47:31.913|620|Validate connection...

is the point where PIDs get validated. Normally PIDs are only validated when connecting to a vehicle. However, if you have your system set up to "auto connect" at startup, then when starting the software a connection is attempted and all the palava that goes along with attempting to establish and validate the connection is performed.

Check to see if you have "auto-connection" active. View->Properties->[Startup]->"Try to establish an OBDII connection to a vehicle".
    If it is active, try switching it off and see if that speeds up the software startup.

I still can't explain the 13 second delay between these two entries:
    17:47:10.649|620|LoadListView (lvGrpSel) done

Anyway, let me know if switching off the auto-connect option (assuming it is switched on) helps with one or both of those delays.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Hate to tell you, that "Celeron" processor is based on the Atom architecture and not the Core architecture (Note the "N" prefix on the model #, i.e. super low power and not powerful). It might work ok in the Tune tool, but you might have framerate issues as simply the processor cannot keep up with the Scan tool. Ive only seen the V7.5 Scan tool utilize 1 thread/core (havent checked in a while) and I imagine it will overwhelm that Atom core in a heartbeat.
    Yes, unfortunately the V7 scan tool only uses single thread architecture which inefficient when doing blocking I/O (i.e. while the thread is waiting for the USB data to arrive from FlashScan it can't be updating the charts/gauges). But back when it was designed it only had to handle 10 frames per second from LS1 style controllers. Now some of the Cummins controllers (when using EFILive's EDA) can send back 40 frames per second with 40-50 PIDs in each frame.

The V8 scan tool uses multi thread (well two threads), one to wait for data from USB and one to handle the charting/gauge updates. The V8 scan tool runs much better than V7 on even the slowest, modern CPUs.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow05C6 View Post
    Sorry about the length, I’ve tried to be concise. We are having trouble with LS1B ECMs and their O2s. We’ve built wiring harnesses for both 1M and 0.5M LS1Bs w/o issue. Suddenly the last two harnesses (both for 0.5M LS1Bs) result in the ECM not being able to “see” HO2S11 & HO2S21 sensors (i.e. O2 voltage remains a steady 450mV after the O2 heats up). I cannot say if the ECM would respond with LTFT/STFT because I have no scan data for an engine running in closed loop. We checked pin-to-pin in both harnesses and found no errors and they are duplicates of past good harnesses. First we attached a 1M LS1B to a “bad” harness. The 1M LS1B did “see” the O2 sensors (i.e. O2 voltage drops to small mV range with the sensor in air). We reinstalled the 0.5M LS1B into the “bad” harness and re-verified that the ECM could not “see” the O2. We tried several 0.5M LS1Bs all with the same 450 mV result. Then we back probed one of the O2s and found sensor voltage to actually be 90mV and descending even though the scan still indicates 450 mV. Stated plainly, the 0.5M LS1B is acting like the O2 sensor is not connected. In all cases we are directly applying 12 volts and ground to the O2 sensor heater (as we have done in the past), and O2 sensor temp hovers around 200F. Also the engine is not running but the O2s are in air or in a cold exhaust pipe. All other sensors are installed and read correctly. We’ve even injected simulated CKP & CMP signals to fool the ECM into thinking the engine is running. A Snap-On Scanner also displays a continuous O2 reading of 450 mV. This problem appears to have started after V7.5.7 Build 283 and V8.2.2 Build 276 were installed. Harnesses & ECMs built / programmed before the May release do not exhibit this problem. I’m not sure what the previous versions were; but it had probably been more than a year since the previous update. 1.0M, 0.5M LS1B tune and scan files as well as the ECM pin-outs we use are available if they would be of interest.
    Sounds like a harness wiring problem (loose crimp, excess voltage drop across a crimp/connection, loose pin contact)... did you check continuity to the NBO2 pinouts...?

When we were using it on Saturday I had all 8 cyl balance rates up plus the actual fuel pressure and desired pressure as well. I saved that selection two months ago. We didn't change anything at all. Wednesday I made a plug for the fuel rail and was going to see if the actual pressure came up and if it started we could see the balance rates. When I hit the start in real time yellow button that message appeared. I tried general, dynamic, stream slow and fast and tried it on two different trucks an 01 and 04. The only thing I found yesterday was it shows the v2.5 hooked up through a HAPI connection instead of the USB. Haven't tried to change that yet just found it yesterday.

When we were using it on Saturday I had all 8 cyl balance rates up plus the actual fuel pressure and desired pressure as well. I saved that selection two months ago. We didn't change anything at all. Wednesday I made a plug for the fuel rail and was going to see if the actual pressure came up and if it started we could see the balance rates. When I hit the start in real time yellow button that message appeared. I tried general, dynamic, stream slow and fast and tried it on two different trucks an 01 and 04. The only thing I found yesterday was it shows the v2.5 hooked up through a HAPI connection instead of the USB. Haven't tried to change that yet just found it yesterday.
    The error message indicates that the software is conencted to a Duramax diesel ECM. If you are physically connected to an LS1 gas ECM but selected a Durmax ECM to connect to then that won't work.

Ignore this post, I mixed up two different posts in this thread (68skylark455's and Yellow05C6's posts)

Regards
    Paul

What list of PIDs are selected when you try to log data?
    Note: even if you specifically set the scan mode to Dynamic, Stream-slow or Stream-fast, it will always drop back to generic if only a few PIDs are selected. And DMA PIDs are not supported in generic mode.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Sounds like a harness wiring problem (loose crimp, excess voltage drop across a crimp/connection, loose pin contact)... did you check continuity to the NBO2 pinouts...?
    Thanks for your helpful response. Yes, I've verified continuity and even soldered the wires to the pins. Also by soldering a fine wire onto C1 pins 26, 29, 66, & 69 and reinserting the pin into C1, I have measured voltage at the ECM pin. Attached photos are with O2 sensors dead cold (scan=451mV, DVM=393mV) and about 30 seconds after powering up the vehicle up (scan=447 mV, DVM = 79mV). Same performance with three 0.5M LS1Bs (OS12212156) and two harnesses. Removing the O2 sensors from the connector, I find pins A & B of the O2 sensor connector all at about 5 volts with respect to engine ground. Pins A & B show the same voltage with respect to each other as seen at pins 26 & 66 (about 400 mV). Placing a 1kohm resistor across pins A & B drives the voltage at pins 26 & 66 and A & B down to very near zero volts. Yet the scan display still reads 450 mV. More on the harness that is in a car: My previously reported info was wrong, the car had been driven quite a bit and it never went into closed loop. The issue was only noted when the owner attempted to get the car tuned. As I said before, it is as if the O2s are not even connected. The harness is based on a 2002 Express Van w/ unnecessary stuff removed. The tune file and scan files are attached also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Start voltage.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	18350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30 sec voltage.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	18351  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast