Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Known issues with May 01, 2015 Public Release

What voltage do you see between NBO2 pins C and D...?

Is the PCM setting any DTC's...?

Is the idle 2 minute capture log file from a running engine...?

various pids (MAP, MAF, IAT, ECT, SPARKADV, RPM) are perfectly flat (this engine is not running).

I see IAC and IACDES stepping from 73 down to zero in as many frames.

I see 239V on EXT.AD1... do you have anything connected to V2's AD1 analog input...?

Looks like either your PCM(s) and/or V2 is faulty.

Pins C & D are 13.5 volts. O2 tips get to about 220F in about a minute. I enabled the AD1 hoping to capture voltage @ the O2 pins but it killed signal. I forgot to turn AD1 off. There were no DTCs except crank relearn which went away after learning. Very good catch on the PIDs...no it is not a running engine. I have an electronic CKP/CMP simulator (this file is for the simpler low resolution crank). That is why RPM is flat. I also simulate MAT, ECT, etc with potentiometers and can vary RPM with another pot. IAC was trying to lower RPM to desired. I have a '91 TPI Vette running this same OS & settings. When I place this ECM into that car it runs fine and the ECM "sees" the O2 voltage (using this same V2) with or without the engine running. It is highly likely I mistakenly placed this thread. As my investigation develops I'm very doubtful the problem is related to the May build and am open to your suggestion re placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow05C6 View Post
    Pins C & D are 13.5 volts. O2 tips get to about 220F in about a minute. I enabled the AD1 hoping to capture voltage @ the O2 pins but it killed signal. I forgot to turn AD1 off. There were no DTCs except crank relearn which went away after learning. Very good catch on the PIDs...no it is not a running engine. I have an electronic CKP/CMP simulator (this file is for the simpler low resolution crank). That is why RPM is flat. I also simulate MAT, ECT, etc with potentiometers and can vary RPM with another pot. IAC was trying to lower RPM to desired. I have a '91 TPI Vette running this same OS & settings. When I place this ECM into that car it runs fine and the ECM "sees" the O2 voltage (using this same V2) with or without the engine running. It is highly likely I mistakenly placed this thread. As my investigation develops I'm very doubtful the problem is related to the May build and am open to your suggestion re placement.
    This makes me think that your newer harness has a problem (or maybe even a missing ground/power)...

V2 is a like a "display terminal" for what the PCM emits on the OBD2/ALDL serial link... I don't think the problem is with V2 any more.

I'm leaning to the harness(s) also. Just hard to believe all three have an issue.

Well I changed the setting from V 2.5 HAPI To V2 USB and so far everything is working again. Not sure how it got changed unless it was within the update but all is well now thank you very much for your help!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow05C6 View Post
    I'm leaning to the harness(s) also. Just hard to believe all three have an issue.
    Who is the terminal manufacturer you guys are using for the harness parts? We have had issues in the past with terminal, pins, not making proper contact in the ECM. These were new terminals.........

Okay...I'm stuck.... Flashed an A50 TCM yesterday....then updated EFILive last night.... No I can't communicate with the A40 or A50 TCMs... I've tried multiple TCMs with no luck.... It always says "No Data Received"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAintPower View Post
    Okay...I'm stuck.... Flashed an A50 TCM yesterday....then updated EFILive last night.... No I can't communicate with the A40 or A50 TCMs... I've tried multiple TCMs with no luck.... It always says "No Data Received"
    What software and firmware are you running? How are you attempting to flash?

The latest software is May 01, 2015 and the builds are:

V8 Software: V8.2.2, Build 276
    FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware: V2.07.82 (Apr 10, 2015)
    FlashScan/AutoCal Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
    V7.5 Software: V7.5.7, Build 282

To access this release, you must download and install the software from our website, then after installing V8 and/or V7.5 software, customers will need to run Auto-Update in both V8 and V7 software to ensure all available patch updates are installed.

FWIW, yesterday in the office we flashed an A50 using what is to be the next scheduled public pre-release software (build 277) using V8 pass-through without an issue. And I can confirm that there were no changes made to any GM transmission platforms between the 2 software versions.

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast