Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with May 01, 2015 Public Release

Quote Originally Posted by Team208Motorsports View Post
    Who is the terminal manufacturer you guys are using for the harness parts? We have had issues in the past with terminal, pins, not making proper contact in the ECM. These were new terminals.........
    We were using new pins, but all three harnesses had the exact same problem; so we thought it was not likely a pin problem. In the end the problem was related to the O2 sensors we were using. We found information regarding isolated ground O2 sensors vs case grounded O2 sensors @ http://www.lt1swap.com/vortec_o2_sensors.htm that helped correct the problem. Just like some LS1B ECMs do not support electronic throttle, LS1B ECMs are designed for use with one or the other sensor. It appears in either case the ECM will see the O2 sensors if the O2 low reference pins on C1 are tied to engine ground. Right now all is happiness......

I just upgraded to this release, and was scanning an 04 LLY tonight. When I went into DVT's and tried to control the turbo, I found that it didn't control it correctly. When I commanded 0% it went to 0, but when I commanded 100% it only went to 39.9. When I went to 50% it went to 19.9%. It would only command the mto 40% of what I commanded them to with the DVT controls. Also when I set the idle speed, it owuld only stay where I put it for about 45 seconds, then default back to base idle.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

That is really odd, because I can assure you we have not touched the DVT controls in the scantool for many years, I don't know why it would have changed on your truck.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I just downloaded / installed the updates (V8.2.2.276)

I seem to be having two issues:

- When playing back any of my logged data files (LS1B), if I hit the stop button the following error message appears:

No device connected.

Please connect a FlashScan or AutoCal USB device.

If a device is connected, ensure it is not being used by another application such as the EFILive V7.5 Scan or Tune Software.

Happens in Data, Charts, or Gauges.

- Second is with EOPS. This is the thread where you found there was an issue and had me changed GM.EOPS in the data file to XX.EOPS (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24500-Eops). I had not updated the software since then as that fix worked. Now that I've updated, GM.EOPS seems to be working but for some reason my calc pid to convert that voltage to a pressure stopped working.

To diagnose I tried a calc pid to just read EOPS: return pid("EOPS"); and even that just returns zero.

Thanks

Rob

I've gotta failed calibration flash here in a lml. I can't recover the Ecm. I did email support@efilive.com and sent a bunch of trace files.
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Bob, there is nothing more that you can do other than pull ECM power for 20 seconds or so and retry. Looking at your trace files the ECM is still alive and kicking so should be recoverable.
    Can you try a pass through flash instead?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Here is what I'm getting. $0322
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	18415  

I'm doing pass through with v8

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    I'm doing pass through with v8
    Did you do the battery thing?

Pulled power and it does the same thing.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast