Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: looking for big help with tuning an extremely large cam in my ls1

You've got mail.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

hey man thanks. i got it. i will definately try it out.

Thanks
    Louie

What are the major changes that you made?

Use the compare feature to look at the differences. That is the folde button and then the red arrow. Once you have the two tunes, that is your current and some ideas I have thrown your way. Search, post more questions about the differences. I am not saying the file I sent you would and should be the be all end all for your car. Just some ideas, where you might not have thought about going. Do more searching about Maps, they are your friend. The more you learn about using the scan tool the more you will learn about the whole process. What kind of wideband do you have? Did you say earlier that you are just using the personal version? I would seriously consider the commercial version if I were you.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Use the compare feature to look at the differences. That is the folde button and then the red arrow. Once you have the two tunes, that is your current and some ideas I have thrown your way. Search, post more questions about the differences. I am not saying the file I sent you would and should be the be all end all for your car. Just some ideas, where you might not have thought about going. Do more searching about Maps, they are your friend. The more you learn about using the scan tool the more you will learn about the whole process. What kind of wideband do you have? Did you say earlier that you are just using the personal version? I would seriously consider the commercial version if I were you.
    yes i have the personal version.. how can i update?

I will definately take all your changes into consideration and possible use it as a bas where i will tweak... i know that the desired airflow that i have is a little higher than the one that you provided...

I will us Rafig to tune that, the only problem that i see with REFIG is that i can perform the RAFIG tuning and it will tell me to increase by .98... i will do so and repeat and then it will ask me to raise i again...

But i must admit by doing that my idle improved greatly.

Your spark tables have also changed quite a bit... are the figures that you provided for part throttle driving going to be a good figure to stick with, because i am unsure of what my values should be around there.

I like the commanded AFR tables that you provided. i will definately follow those unless i see a problem with it.

I have an LC-1 wideband.

Thanks
    Louie
    Last edited by 01blkss; May 18th, 2006 at 04:50 PM.

Hey doc i am using your tune as a reference for the things that i am not too sure about, like PE mode, etc.

But as far as drivability and everythign my tune is so close to perfect(although it may not look it) that i really dont want to get off of it.

It idles perfect. just the way i want it.

It drives perfect just the way i want it... i am honestly so impressed with it it is rediculous... I only have one bad spot and that is at 1500-1700 rpm if i am just cruising with only enough throttle to keep current speed...it bucks right then. i need to fix that, and i will, thanks to everyones help on this board. i really appreciate all the help that i have been recieving from everyone it has been really great. I am now probobly going to let this thread die...i will go ahead and start new threads for the very specific points that i now want to cover.
    a special thanks to
    White2001S10
    Flyer
    Superls1
    Doc

Thanks guys!
    Louie

Glad to hear you got it worked out. It can take time. I am on the road, and have not had time to look at your files. I will do some looking, but probably not until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by superls1
    Glad to hear you got it worked out. It can take time. I am on the road, and have not had time to look at your files. I will do some looking, but probably not until tomorrow.
    Ok cool it is not a problem...

i appreciate what everyone has done for me its been great. I took it out tonight(i went to go see the Davinci code) The car acted very well...a couple of little things that i need to address, but for the most part i am thoroughly impressed.

Here is the newest tune/log.

http://h1.ripway.com/01blkss/Log_0010.efi

http://h1.ripway.com/01blkss/richerdriving_TC_TF.tun

thanks again,
    Louie

Quote Originally Posted by 01blkss
    Ok cool it is not a problem...

i appreciate what everyone has done for me its been great. I took it out tonight(i went to go see the Davinci code) The car acted very well...a couple of little things that i need to address, but for the most part i am thoroughly impressed.

Here is the newest tune/log.

http://h1.ripway.com/01blkss/Log_0010.efi

http://h1.ripway.com/01blkss/richerdriving_TC_TF.tun

thanks again,
    Louie
    Hi Louie,

Would really like to see what you've done with your tune, but when I click on your files I get a web page stating:
    The user folder you've requested could not be found. Please check the URL and try again.
    Cheers,
    bK
    Chassis by Holden
    Engine by Chev
    PCM modified by Flashscan
    Cam by Comp Cams

Quote Originally Posted by bK
    Hi Louie,

Would really like to see what you've done with your tune, but when I click on your files I get a web page stating:
    Cheers,
    bK
    Ditto.

I'd like to see it as well.
    1992 Turbo LSX Notchback Mustang 275 radial car - under construction
    2008 Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345