Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LBZ conversion starts then dies

I ran into a similar problem with a 2009 lmm/4l85e swap out of an express van to a 03 Hummer H2. The glow plug controller, and TCM communicate with the ECM through the EBCM. I haven't driven it yet as I'm currently in the wiring harness modification stage, and not sure if I,m going to run the ABS, and SRS system with the Hummer control system or the van's system. I temporarily jumped the communication wire's at the EBCM connector and corrected the loss of communication codes. I'm not sure if the LBZ runs the communication network through the ABS module or not, but after I jumped the pins at the connector throttle response was much crisper.

Sam
    Last edited by sanbarshop; January 2nd, 2016 at 02:22 PM.

LBZ only runs the high speed LAN through the ECM, TCM, GPCM, and BCM. It wasn't until mid year 07 for the LMM they ran the high speed LAN throughout the whole truck.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    LBZ only runs the high speed LAN through the ECM, TCM, GPCM, and BCM. It wasn't until mid year 07 for the LMM they ran the high speed LAN throughout the whole truck.
    no....no....NO!!!!!! OMG how many times do I have to explain this. I dont know why I even bother anymore.

LBZ used high speed for ECM, TCM, GPCM only. THATS IT!!!!!!! NOT THE BCM, NOT THE ABS, NOT ANYWHERE ELSE.

LBZ ECM and LBZ Allison TCM speak both GMLAN and Class 2. They speak Class 2 to the body and everything else, and GMLAN amongst themselves.

Just look at the freaking schematics. You dont have to know anything about GMLAN or Class 2 databusses to understand this, its not complicated. All you have to do is know how to read a simple basic electrical schematic.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sanbarshop View Post
    I ran into a similar problem with a 2009 lmm/4l85e swap out of an express van to a 03 Hummer H2. The glow plug controller, and TCM communicate with the ECM through the EBCM. I haven't driven it yet as I'm currently in the wiring harness modification stage, and not sure if I,m going to run the ABS, and SRS system with the Hummer control system or the van's system. I temporarily jumped the communication wire's at the EBCM connector and corrected the loss of communication codes. I'm not sure if the LBZ runs the communication network through the ABS module or not, but after I jumped the pins at the connector throttle response was much crisper.

Sam
    Use an LBZ ECM. Thats the only way you're going to keep the gauges, cruise control, AC, and all that stuff working.

You're gonna have to make some modifications to the LMM van harness to work with an LBZ ECM. IE, change some pins around on the ECM connectors and add a couple extra wires. But thats the ONLY way to do it correctly.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    no....no....NO!!!!!! OMG how many times do I have to explain this. I dont know why I even bother anymore.

LBZ used high speed for ECM, TCM, GPCM only. THATS IT!!!!!!! NOT THE BCM, NOT THE ABS, NOT ANYWHERE ELSE.

LBZ ECM and LBZ Allison TCM speak both GMLAN and Class 2. They speak Class 2 to the body and everything else, and GMLAN amongst themselves.

Just look at the freaking schematics. You dont have to know anything about GMLAN or Class 2 databusses to understand this, its not complicated. All you have to do is know how to read a simple basic electrical schematic.
    I thought there was a connection to the BCM for the high speed bus.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Use an LBZ ECM. Thats the only way you're going to keep the gauges, cruise control, AC, and all that stuff working.

You're gonna have to make some modifications to the LMM van harness to work with an LBZ ECM. IE, change some pins around on the ECM connectors and add a couple extra wires. But thats the ONLY way to do it correctly.
    It's taken awhile to get back on this project. I have mapped out the changes to the ECM connectors in order to use the LBZ ECM. My question now is will the LBZ ECM communicate with the T42 for use with the 4L85E transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by sanbarshop View Post
    It's taken awhile to get back on this project. I have mapped out the changes to the ECM connectors in order to use the LBZ ECM. My question now is will the LBZ ECM communicate with the T42 for use with the 4L85E transmission?
    You have to repin it for a VAN, and flash it with a VAN calibration to use the T42 TCM.

Im pretty sure the LBZ ECM OS will work fine with the van T42.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Do you happen to.have the lbz standalone pinout?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12