Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS1 tune - MAFT and COS questions

12225074 is the OS I use as it has Lean Cruise and doesn't need a clutch switch etc. to enable the Throttle Follower/Cracker tables as my Aus sourced engine didn't have that provision in the wiring loom (or secondary O2 sensors and most of the emission stuff!). It has GM.VETABLE_DMA as I used it to create my Alpha-N table when I went ITB and COS5.

Hey joecar,

Here are the tune and log files.Log_Hugh Robinson_BEN MAFT Ready.efi1Toner SD MAFT.ctz

Note:I haven't disabled CAT protection, DFCO or changed O2 switch points as suggested on the Calc VET Summary notes - can this be an issue?
    After making the changes above, should I bring them back to std after the MAFT procedure?

I have made the filter and applied it to the data. Then I when I try to make a new Map (Ctrl + Enter) it says that CALC.SELBEN is not currently valid...do you know why this is?

Thanks! Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by RPE-tuning View Post
    Note:I haven't disabled CAT protection, DFCO or changed O2 switch points as suggested on the Calc VET Summary notes - can this be an issue?
    After making the changes above, should I bring them back to std after the MAFT procedure?
    They help the logged data to be better (resulting in better tuning)... but it is still ok to have them enabled.

I have made the filter and applied it to the data. Then I when I try to make a new Map (Ctrl + Enter) it says that CALC.SELBEN is not currently valid...do you know why this is?
    On the PIDs tab, on the pid CALC.SELBEN, do rightclick->More Info, you will see it mentioning other dependent pids which need to be selected also.

Joecar,

So I've noticed my mistake, there where a few PIds missing that wouldn't allow me to get the Calc.Selben.

The only PID that has a cross (invalid) is the Dynamic Air Temp - Dynairtmp_dma. Any ideas of why it is so?

Other than that I think Im ready for another log session.

Thanks,
    Paulo

Dynamic Air Temp is not available in this OS. You'll need to use the aternative calc_pids.txt file that has a calculation to get around this.

OR, just grab a standard VX/VY tune, change the injector data to suit the smaller VT injectors, and flash that in. It will support the Dynamic air temp.

The alternative calc_pids.txt that darcy mentions defines the pid CALC.DAT in terms of the pid CALC.B4901 which you have to compare with your B4901 table (and edit if different).

( post #1 of the Calc.VET thread explains this in detail )

Default MAFT help

Hi joecar,

I'm still having some issues. My PIDs are good (calculated dynair and appropriate calc.pid) and I made a log. However when I try to make the maps for maf correction and selben (ltft), as soon as I apply the filters, all values disappear.
    Furthermore, the Maf correction values don't look very good.

I was wondering if you could have a look at my log and check if it is MAFT ready.Log_Hugh Robinson_BEN MAFT Ready1.efi

Secondly, I would like to describe my maps to understand if the problem is there or not:
    MAFT
    Data: Calculated MAF, BEN corrected
    Column: Mass Air Flow Raw Frequency
    Row: RPM

Selben LTFT

Data: BEN from LTFT
    Column: Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure
    Row: RPM

PS - I didn't use the lambda filter as I don't have lambda connected. Still all the values disappear when I apply the filter.
    PS2 - The logging session wasn't very long <10mins because it was just a test.

Thanks for your help yet again.
    Paulo

If you don't have wideband connected, then in the log we can only correct the portions where CALC.CL = 1.

From the log I see a MAF DTC, this means you are correcting the VE and calculating the MAF, is this correct...?

For correcting the VE:
    your transient filter has to also exclude frames which have CALC.CL not equal to 1; your log file has CL = 1 throughout, so you're ok.

If you are correcting the MAF
    log file is missing the pid GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA, this causes CALC.DAT to be zero; if the OS does not support the pid GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA, we can either use SAE.IAT (less accurate) or use table B4901 to calculate DAT (more accurate). (DAT = dynamic air temperature)

The maps you should be using are correct... the CALC.MAFT map will have zeros because CALC.DAT is zero (i.e. so you have to log GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA, or use SAE.IAT in the calculation of CALC.MAFT, or use table B4901 to calculate CALC.DAT from SAE.IAT and SAE.ECT.

Post screenshots of your maps (see this: Hosting-an-Image).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12